2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Weird but true...what the heck is this??

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 08:21 PM
CPTAFW163
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yup sarah...that is causing the problems.

You can also cut part of that line, at an angle and thread them into eachother and put some tape around it for a quick fix. Use duct tape. Electrical tape just doesn't like heat.

Old 07-26-2010, 01:45 AM
sarahsgacky
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok thanks all but what does this line go to/whats it for? i'll have him read all this good stuff!
oh and a how to forum question. before i had it set that i would receive immediate notification when someone answered my post/thread, but now i am not receiving any and don't see a place on these pages of mine where to reset/do again??
any clues?
thanks again and i sure wish y'all did hondas too.

ps i did let him drive mine as a matter of fact a few months back when he was getting his fuel pump replaced-one thing after another the last 6 mos. never seen a grouchier man when he got home. he's kindof long and driving in the honda didn't make him a happy camper.

pps never mind i see the email thing below but not getting notifications?? oh well thanks

Old 07-26-2010, 08:23 AM
aim4squirrels
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Those don't look exactly like mine so I can't say exactly what it controls. possibly 4x4 engagement? I have a 2wd, that is significantly thicker than any tube I have in that area.

Regardless, there's some system on the vehicle that isn't working correctly, rubber tube will fix it.

Old 07-26-2010, 09:02 AM
Maxx_Magnum
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just had a look at mine, and best I can tell is that line goes into the firewall up near the top on mine, it would control your heater vents etc inside the cab... Is yours going into the firewall also?

Quick Reply: Weird but true...what the heck is this??