2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Buying Body Panels

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 09:16 PM
LegendKiller89
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying Body Panels

So I'm looking at buying body panels to re-do the Dodge and holy crap pricey!
I am looking for two front fenders, two doors, rear bumper, new hood, and the replacement wheel arches. From Browns (Two Rivers, WI) the total comes to $1,700.Bang Head

So I've thought of looking at like maybe some junkyards for doors but I'm kind of hesitant considering this IS Wisconsin and we are in the salt belt. Would be cheaper I guess.

Just wondering what your guys' thoughts would be. Go look for doors and possibly a hood for my truck at a junkyard or just suck it up and by it brand new??

Thoughts...

Old 07-14-2010, 10:02 PM
aim4squirrels
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

what's LMC truck charging?

You can take a trip to Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, VEGAS and get them salt free and probably very light rust (if any) at a pick 'n pull. If you could get all that for $500 + $300 in gas would it be worth it to you?

Old 07-14-2010, 11:08 PM
LegendKiller89
Captain

LMC is even pricier dude.

Old 07-14-2010, 11:21 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,390 Likes on 3,130 Posts

Check the junkyards, see what you can find. Hoods shouldn't be too hard, I have found three, and that was at one of the two yards here in podunk Adrian. (the other yard had one 2nd gen, and all that was left was the body shell, bed, and frame... everything else was gone.) I even found a couple good doors. Now, just need to have the money to go and get 'em.

Old 07-15-2010, 09:12 AM
redheadhunter21
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Look up certifit and see if they have a store close by, they are way cheaper than LMC and the parts I got from them are of good quality

Old 07-15-2010, 10:47 PM
LegendKiller89
Captain

aha! just what I was looking for! I see they have a store in Milwaukee... that ain't bad. Redhead what part did you buy? No problem with them fitting, or being made crappy??

Old 07-15-2010, 11:15 PM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by LegendKiller89
aha! just what I was looking for! I see they have a store in Milwaukee... that ain't bad. Redhead what part did you buy? No problem with them fitting, or being made crappy??
What are you talking about? They are used parts!

Old 07-16-2010, 02:03 AM
redheadhunter21
Champion

I bought a rear bumper, front bumper, grille and the plastic parts for the front havent put them on yet, but the quality of parts is good, the rear bumper is a beast and nice and thick not some cheap flismy thing front bumper the same, have gotten parts from them before for other vehicles and never had a fitment problem.

Im going to put the parts on when the truck gets painted which at this point may be a week or a couple more months, no the parts are not used.....100% new, biggest problem I had was the store close to me only had certain parts at a time so I had to wait a couple weeks and go their twice to get all I needed

Old 07-16-2010, 03:16 PM
LegendKiller89
Captain

So they are NEW? They are very reasonable have most of the parts I need, which is a plus.

good to hear about fitment, that's huge. I told my older brother about them and he remebered when he was doing his Ford a few years back. his bodyshop buddy of his telling him about these guys and how good they were.

Old 07-16-2010, 11:09 PM
redheadhunter21
Champion

yea there replacement parts its just like getting stuff from LMC but less than half the price will take some more pictures of the parts I have from them either tomarrow or the next day, so you can see what I have gotten and get an idea of quality, are you getting the rear bumper in chrome or primer

Quick Reply: Buying Body Panels