2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

01 Half ton swap with 24 valve 5.9???

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 03:19 PM
sungod
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So the guy can't afford to make payments on it, but he will let you strip it before the bank comes to get it? That sounds like some quality decision making. I am sure you know since you sound like you had one repoed before that he is still responsible for the difference between what he owes and what they sell the truck for. A stripped truck will not bring in as much at auction as one that is still running. Where is Darwin when we need him?

Old 07-22-2010, 07:43 AM
wildthing4870
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ya I do understand that. I had stripped mine to the extent of no brakes calipers or even rotors. When they came to get mine it was loaded with sheetrock so they said they would come back the next day. So i found some chevy wheels and we torched them out so the hubs and **** would fit but the brakes didnt. then all kinds of dash parts and motor parts. They ended up selling it for 16,900 and they want me to pay 17,000 but i hired a credit guy kinda like a lawyer I havent had to pay for anything, Ive let hospital bills go credit card and the truck. The truck is still for sale in SLC where they towed it and its been almost a year since it left and almost 2 years since ive made a payment on the thing.

Old 07-22-2010, 11:37 AM
sungod
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wildthing4870
Ya I do understand that. I had stripped mine to the extent of no brakes calipers or even rotors. When they came to get mine it was loaded with sheetrock so they said they would come back the next day. So i found some chevy wheels and we torched them out so the hubs and **** would fit but the brakes didnt. then all kinds of dash parts and motor parts. They ended up selling it for 16,900 and they want me to pay 17,000 but i hired a credit guy kinda like a lawyer I havent had to pay for anything, Ive let hospital bills go credit card and the truck. The truck is still for sale in SLC where they towed it and its been almost a year since it left and almost 2 years since ive made a payment on the thing.
wow, I don't know what to say.

Old 07-22-2010, 12:28 PM
wildthing4870
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There's alot more details but that's a whole nother story and not worth typing it all up here. In the end My credit is good enough now that I got a loan and bought a car about 4 months ago, and recieving credit card aps in the mail again, so whatever the guy does it works.....!

Quick Reply: 01 Half ton swap with 24 valve 5.9???