2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

plug wires... confusing me

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 05:55 PM
pcfixerpro
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default plug wires... confusing me

nvm, please delete thread

Last edited by pcfixerpro; 07-25-2010 at 06:19 PM.
Old 07-25-2010, 08:55 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

Are you sure? You need some help figuring out what color of wires to get? Perhaps how to change your distributor cap properly?

Old 07-25-2010, 09:04 PM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Old 07-25-2010, 09:23 PM
aim4squirrels
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Sheriff420

no,no, it's 4-8-15-16-23-42.

Old 07-25-2010, 09:53 PM
pcfixerpro
Champion

Originally Posted by jasonw
Are you sure? You need some help figuring out what color of wires to get? Perhaps how to change your distributor cap properly?

Been there, done that before. Now that i see the thread is still going, my issue was the amount of plug wires that taylor makes and trying to decide the "best fit" for me.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/TAY-64676/

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/TAY-51076/ (slightly cheaper but look better than high energy's above?)

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/TAY-74676/ (more expensive but do I gain from stainless wire? lol)

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MSD-5532/ (looks like the same as the taylor - 2nd link)

I removed my post because I made up my mind soon after I posted... but hell since we have a few, take your pick and see if it matches what im thinking. I'm not happy with the mopar performance wires I did on my last tuneup (length issue)... and couldn't tell a difference to warrant the $75 price tag on them either. I just bought my hughes plenum kit on friday, and bought some other goodies today at autozone. Just gearing up for next weekend.

180 degree failsafe tstat & gasket
dayco bypass hose
blue loctite
oil
TB gasket
NGK v-power plugs
duralast cap rotor w/ brass terminals (couldn't pass it up... 5yr warranty for same price as my summit cap and rotor I got last time)

Plan on placing my order for summit tonight for the rest of the stuff

Upper rad hose
Front NGK o2 sensor
plug wires (that we decide on)
pcv valve

And since I just typed all of that out.. am I missing anything besides some RTV?

Thanks,
Greg

Old 07-25-2010, 09:54 PM
pcfixerpro
Champion

Originally Posted by aim4squirrels
no,no, it's 4-8-15-16-23-42.
lol

Old 07-25-2010, 10:26 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

I apologize if I didn't make that obvious enough, I sometimes forget how text can be emotionless. I intended my reply to be a joke, and fully intended in deleting this thread soon. I know you've been around long enough to figure out the common questions like the ones I made a joke about in my first reply.

Looks like you got everything that I can think of. Nice choice in O2 sensor and plugs. MSD or Taylor, I don't think you can really go wrong, although I would ignore the stainless.

Old 07-25-2010, 11:08 PM
pcfixerpro
Champion

Originally Posted by jasonw
I apologize if I didn't make that obvious enough, I sometimes forget how text can be emotionless. I intended my reply to be a joke, and fully intended in deleting this thread soon. I know you've been around long enough to figure out the common questions like the ones I made a joke about in my first reply.

Looks like you got everything that I can think of. Nice choice in O2 sensor and plugs. MSD or Taylor, I don't think you can really go wrong, although I would ignore the stainless.
Lol, no apology necessary Jason. I figured you were joking anyway, your smiley face in your post sealed the deal. Your always welcome to shoot a joke my way anytime I'm the joking type.

Anyway, yeah I put in new o2's 2 years ago when I did my first highflow. I initially tried to go local and all of the bosch sensors are listed wrong. I don't have the round connector on my 01 and had to order the NGK's since they had the right connector. As far as the stainless core wires goes... I decided earlier to pass on that so I'm glad you agree. I also knocked out the taylor high energy earlier. So its the Taylor street wires vs. MSD street wires. Considering they seem to be the same wire basically.. same size... same sub name, heck even same color (black)... the only difference being the Brand name and $5. Your right though, I can't really go wrong imho either between the two. (flips coin)

I do appreciate your input Jason. Thats why I initially posted in the first place was to bounce it off of someone else to see what they would choose. Lol, I just wasn't planning on deciding that soon after I posted considering I had been debating back and fourth for quite a while earlier this afternoon. I'll keep ya's posted on my plenum replacement as I start it... thurs night earliest.

Quick Reply: plug wires... confusing me