2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Gears verses programmer

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 08:31 PM
txlee
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gears verses programmer

I havent been on in awhile but i have a question .I installed 456 gears and 35s on truck It is a 98 dodge 1500 with5.2 and auto .I installed hypertech programmer and tricked ecm to read right on speedo by saying it has 33.75 to be accurate. But my problem is it pulls and drives fine without a trailer but when i pull a trailer with aboat or anything it has no power it the boat is not heavy. It has to really work hard to get to 60mph .could the gear ratio with how the programmer is set be my problem?

Old 07-26-2010, 10:57 PM
lastrights
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ya superchips is better , and sct you cant set tire size but you would get more power.

also towing with od off will make a big diffrence , and check your plenum and cats and do a full tune up

Old 07-26-2010, 11:57 PM
Aubrey
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Keep in mind you are turning heavy meats, have higher wind drag, and are towing. Even with the compensation in gears and programmer it is still gonna have an effect on things.

Quick Reply: Gears verses programmer