2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

what am i forgetting?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2010, 10:41 PM
GeorgiaDodge
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what am i forgetting?

current buildup for my donor 360

360 buildup from donor motor
gear driven cam
cam. maybe thumper
harland sharp 1.7 RR
Clearwater EQ heads
Gasket set
Kegger mod
head work
headers and exhaust
SCT programmer

if there is anything im leaving off or need to change please let me know. I was going to do a 408 but i cant afford it, hell i barely will be able to afford this but i want to do it. All of your input is appreciated.

Old 09-06-2010, 10:22 AM
talon6
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

oil and fiter, antifreeze,cam lube,new head bolts.

and if you donnt already have the 1.7's i would just go with some 1.6's. thats how most cams are setup to run. plus you can find them a little cheaper.

and i would also go with a sealed power gasket kit. they have some good gaskets.

get you some stage 8 locking fasteners for your headers and remflex gaskets. put both on mine and never had a leak or had to retighten. a little extra money, but worth no headaches. just put some neversieze on the threads so they are easy to get back out if need be.

and if you are in no hurry for the motor i would just take your time and do everything the best you can. they sure are alot easier to work on when they are on a engine stand.

and find some dakota durango forums. especially dakota. they do alot more go fast modding than we do. i have spent hours reading on other sites to find some great info.

Last edited by talon6; 09-06-2010 at 10:59 AM.

Quick Reply: what am i forgetting?