2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

gimmie a break !

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 10:09 PM
aim4squirrels
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

No Child Left Behind just means we socially promote them thru school, LOL.

Old 09-06-2010, 10:55 PM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by aim4squirrels
No Child Left Behind just means we socially promote them thru school, LOL.
That's probably the best way I've heard it put to date. I've seen more people fresh out of high school who cannot spell than I saw when I was in school.

Math? If they can't use their phone, they are lost 100%.

Science seems to be getting better at least in my area.

Old 09-07-2010, 12:18 AM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Laramie1997
Science seems to be getting better at least in my area.
My greatest concern when NCLB was passed was that it was intended to divert attention away from the sciences that are way too often seen as somehow offensive by a certain class of politically active people. The same sort who's working to rewrite history via the Texas school board...

It's good to know that if that was part of NCLB's goal, it is at least temporarily failing.

Old 09-07-2010, 06:13 AM
lord0fsal3m
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not getting into the whole debate over weither or not they are good or bad. i put EBC drilled and slotted rotors, and their green stuff pads and my truck has violent stopping power, a huge difference with oversized tires, i can definatly stop 4-5 cars faster, and ive done nothing in the rear. ive had them on with no problems at all for a few thousand miles so far, my best piece of advice is to look on ebay though cause $250 is a little overpriced for them not being a name brand. i picked up my ebc rotors for $130 and my green stuff pads for $45
Name:  102_0815.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  125.9 KB
Name:  102_0814.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  124.9 KB

Last edited by lord0fsal3m; 09-07-2010 at 06:16 AM.
Old 09-07-2010, 12:15 PM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by UnregisteredUser
My greatest concern when NCLB was passed was that it was intended to divert attention away from the sciences that are way too often seen as somehow offensive by a certain class of politically active people. The same sort who's working to rewrite history via the Texas school board...

It's good to know that if that was part of NCLB's goal, it is at least temporarily failing.
Well, I live right in the middle of the bible belt as it were..

You even mutter the word "evolution" and you hear this sort of swoosh of wind as all the asses in the room pucker up. Still though, I feel that a topic such as that shouldn't be taught in a HS setting anyways. 14-18 is still too young for a person to form an opinion on the issue. That's just how I feel at least.

I know that at our school, physics, chemistry, and anatomy/physiology were king(s). It was just a matter of finding where your niche was. For most it was biology since that's basic plug and chug. No thinking. For me it was physics. Having to think out of the box to form an equation to solve a problem was where I excelled.

Anyways, it's still very much alive and doing well.

Old 09-07-2010, 02:16 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,274 Likes on 3,021 Posts

In the politically correct states of america..... you cannot fail a student, as it may have detrimental affects on their self-image...... yeah. Right. Like having to take remedial math/reading courses in college will give them a boost?

Our education system sucks.

Keep in mind here folks, that the TIRES are also an integral consideration of your brake system. You can put killer calipers/rotors/pads on there, so that even giving the brake pedal a hard look will lock them up.... but, if you lock the brakes, they are being INefficient. For the folks with larger/heavier tires, upgrading the brakes is a VERY good plan.

You also want to try and maintain the balance between front and rear. Granted, the fronts do 70 percent of your stopping, under normal circumstances, but, for the BEST brakes, you STILL want your rears doing that 30 percent. If you dramatically improve the front brakes, without doing anything to the rears...... you still are not going to get the best braking performance the system is capable of.

I would love to upgrade my rears to disk..... I just can't justify the cost involved, for the benefit. Not to mention, the list of things that 'need to be done', is pretty long, and I operate within a limited budget...... having the shop I used to trust kill my car, and then screw me on it certainly didn't help either.

Old 09-07-2010, 04:49 PM
lord0fsal3m
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

also sorry forgot to say happy birthday. the gf turned 23 sept 2 and ill be 22 on sept 9 lol lots of virgos

Old 09-07-2010, 04:56 PM
Maxx_Magnum
Record Breaker

my dads was aug 25th and my wife's was the 28th so there's 2 more

Quick Reply: gimmie a break !