2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

I have a good idea

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2005, 11:22 AM
Blown_Tranny
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I have a good idea

ORIGINAL: Dodgegirl19

Blown_Tranny, is you don't stop the continuous negativity, you'll be banned. PLease understand you are at a Dodge Enthusiasts site and we'll support the brand we love. Most people... no matter what. State your opinion, but stop with the continuous ragging of Dodges. Thanks.

~Amanda
Why do you continue yelling at me? I already told you in the other thread why I am doing this. It is for your own benifit.

Old 06-02-2005, 12:17 PM
zeekxxx
Captain

ORIGINAL: Blown_Tranny

Blown_Tranny, is you don't stop the continuous negativity, you'll be banned. PLease understand you are at a Dodge Enthusiasts site and we'll support the brand we love. Most people... no matter what. State your opinion, but stop with the continuous ragging of Dodges. Thanks.

~Amanda
Why do you continue yelling at me? I already told you in the other thread why I am doing this. It is for your own benifit.
It's not a good idea to talk smack to the moderator.

Old 06-02-2005, 06:27 PM
Tani1500
Champion

ORIGINAL: zeekxxx

ORIGINAL: Blown_Tranny

~Amanda
It's not a good idea to talk smack to the moderator.
I dont care what you think. what do you own a ford?

Old 06-02-2005, 06:29 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

He wasn't talking to you Tani1500, he was talking to Blown_Tranny...

~Amanda

Old 06-02-2005, 06:56 PM
Blylock

I dont know about anyone, but ive owned my dodge for 5 years. it had 35k on it then, 97k on it now. It runs and drives probably better than the day i test drove it. Ive been towing my 4200lb boat behind it since about 40k. I did nothing to the truck except maintain all the drive train fluids, and replaced the tranny filter twice. the only problem ive encountered is the tranny surge, which was the TPS. The tranny is still strong, the motor is unbelieveably strong still.

a high percentage of failures is due to driving them too hard, and not maintaining the proper fluids. Im sure if i never serviced my drive train fluids, i would have blown something by now. Learn how to take care of the vehicle before some of you start pointing your fingers at the manufacturer. Dodge seems to be known for their weak trannys, yet ive owned 2 dodges and never blown one. My 86 jimmy, i put 2 in, plus a motor. My 92 silverado also had a tranny put it, as well as a rear end. You never know, and it dont matter the vehicle, make or model, they break, end of story.

My cousin lives on a big farm, he was strictly a dodge man ever since i can remember. recently he bought a 2004 chevy 1 ton HD. talking how much he loved it. Last week i saw him in a brand new 2005 Dodge. said he hated the chevy.

to each their own

Old 06-03-2005, 12:14 PM
DCRam

Absolutely true...Dodge trucks have fewer problems than other trucks. The majority of these tranny problems come from lack of proper maintenance and/or using the wrong type of tranny fluid. If every Dodge owner would use the manufacturer recommended fluids, then "all these tranny problems" would not even be such an issue.

1997 Ram 1500 SLT Club Cab 4x4
5.9L, Auto. Tranny.

Old 06-04-2005, 12:45 AM
RcBandit28
Captain

my 97 Ram w/91,000 miles have never caused me ANY transmission problems. All it's had done is the plenum gasket and the rear end re built. Which doesn't bother me since it's 8 yrs old w/91K on the odometer!

Old 06-04-2005, 04:00 AM
95broncoxlt

ORIGINAL: RcBandit28

my 97 Ram w/91,000 miles have never caused me ANY transmission problems. All it's had done is the plenum gasket and the rear end re built. Which doesn't bother me since it's 8 yrs old w/91K on the odometer!
You had to have your rear end rebuilt at 91k on the odometer? 91k is nothing.

Old 06-04-2005, 04:59 AM
tbone216

I had a 1989 ford bronco 5 speed 5th gear and reverse went at 48000 miles that cost 1200 to fix then i bought a 1996 ford exploder and the check engine light was the only thing that worked after 50000 miles oh and did i mention the rear went on the bronco after i only had it three weeks .ford service said that when my anti lock brake lite came on that it did not mean anything it was only a short and i could continue to drive it and take it in when i had more time the next day my rear went. Thanks ford.
I now own a 2005 dodge quad cab 4x4 hemi 20" wheels a 7/70 and oh did i mention the HEMI

Quick Reply: I have a good idea