2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

P0455 P0442 evap evaporative emissions leak fix

Old 08-15-2014, 02:29 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,165 Likes on 2,919 Posts

But, the flames keep the tailgaters away.....

Link to the article is fine.

First I have heard of this issue as well.....

Old 08-15-2014, 03:14 PM
Mickalina
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CSDavies26
Your first mistake was taking it to the dealer....they'll rip you off every chance they get and will also charge a higher rate for labor than most other shops. And their "labor" is no better than the regular mechanics.

It's easier to lift the bed up and slide it back to gain access to the tank. No messing with straps or trying to blindly disconnect hoses. I've had my fuel pump out twice and both times just got my dad to help me pick the bed up and rest it on the rear tires.

This is what happened.

The truck had no problems. I had to go through emissions. Took it to the garage I normally go to. It passed. A few days later the check engine light goes on. It goes back to the garage and he thought it was the gas cap. Took it on a trip. Filled it up and a day later the light went on. At that point it was the smoke test from the dealer. They smoke tested it a few years back for a leak that was hard to find.

Id love to do it but unless I chain the bed to a tree and pull up I have no way of getting that bed off or the truck lifted. Course I have no idea what Id be doing but someone over my shoulder Id definitely give it a try. That's just not going to happen right now. So its have it done. At this point I just want to know whats going on to ensure I don't get taken advantage of.

Thanks for your suggestions. I appreciate it.

Last edited by Mickalina; 08-15-2014 at 03:16 PM.
Old 08-15-2014, 03:40 PM
Mickalina

Originally Posted by HeyYou
But, the flames keep the tailgaters away.....

Link to the article is fine.

First I have heard of this issue as well.....

It also gives a whole new meaning to burning up the road.

Here is the link.
http://www.safetyresearch.net/blog/a...es-owners-hook
Thing is I never had a problem with it spitting back fuel when I fill it.

Oh well.
It gets fixed. No one got hurt. I learned something new today and joined a nice site.
Im not getting new tires. Could possible slide off a snow bank this winter because I need new tires but Ill be confident the rollover valve is fine. lol

Old 05-20-2015, 03:08 PM
MattLRulZ
Default Why cant i just use the square can and not the circle one ??????

WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF I PRETEND THERE IS ONLY ONE CANISTER, MY CIRCLE ONE IS BROKEN IN HALF SO ITS BASICALLY AN INLET AND AN OUTLET, WHY CANT I USE THE FRONT ONE AS AN IN AND OUT ?????? THEN JUST A 1/4 INCH FUEL LINE TO THE TOP OF THE SQUARE BOX AND ATTACH THE HARD LINE THAT WENT TO THE PLASTIC GROMET ??????

I CAN SEND PIX

COULD IT CATCH FIRE ??????????????

THANK YOU FRIENDS

Old 05-20-2015, 05:53 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

See if you can find the right part in a junkyard somewhere. Otherwise, you will be constantly fighting that code.

Old 05-22-2015, 11:22 PM
MattLRulZ
Default Evap code p0455

Originally Posted by HeyYou
See if you can find the right part in a junkyard somewhere. Otherwise, you will be constantly fighting that code.
im going to electrical tape it all and try one more time, the light came on within 15 miles. It's worth a shot, the 2nd canister is 99$ online, nobody has one at a local junk yard.

You think the system that just attaches to one canister and we're just avoiding the 2nd as if it didnt exist.

Unless I need the cap on the hole in the top where it was.....

thanks though bro

Old 05-23-2015, 07:59 AM
PhilYarborough
Default cheap parts

Originally Posted by MattLRulZ
im going to electrical tape it all and try one more time, the light came on within 15 miles. It's worth a shot, the 2nd canister is 99$ online, nobody has one at a local junk yard.

You think the system that just attaches to one canister and we're just avoiding the 2nd as if it didnt exist.

Unless I need the cap on the hole in the top where it was.....

thanks though bro
Try looking for the part on rockauto.com. I always find parts at prices much lower than the local retailer when I need something for my Ram.

Old 09-16-2015, 09:41 PM
jamesheds
Default dodge dakota 2006 po452 code

I have a p0452 code on a 2006 dodge fakota extended cab. I was told to try to replace the purge solenoid and Leak detection pump and then reset the code. Anyone know if that sounds right or would you go about it a different way? Thanks.

Old 09-17-2015, 10:11 AM
HeyYou
Administrator

Originally Posted by jamesheds
I have a p0452 code on a 2006 dodge fakota extended cab. I was told to try to replace the purge solenoid and Leak detection pump and then reset the code. Anyone know if that sounds right or would you go about it a different way? Thanks.
You should post in the correct section for your truck.

Old 09-17-2015, 11:21 AM
jamesheds

Ok. Thank you.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: P0455 P0442 evap evaporative emissions leak fix