2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

noises!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2010, 03:33 PM
tneville
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default noises!?!?

Today I went on the highway for the first time in a while. When i turn left it makes a high pitch sound. kinda like if the break pads are almost gone and you hit the breaks. I looked at the pads and there not making the noise. It will make the noise randomly as im going through town, mostly around bumps. It all started after I did the leveling kit. I think that this is the problem(pic). Would that make a squeaky noise?
Im taking a trip to denver on the 9th so im hoping to get this and my plenum fixed before I go. The squeak is very loud!
Name:  091710140307.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  76.5 KB
If you guys need more pics I can take some tonight when i get off work.
Any imput would be great!

Old 09-26-2010, 03:48 PM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

that's the dust seal in the end of the axle tube. looks like its come apart and is grinding into the other broken half.

mine didn't have those. my axle tube is just open where dirt, rocks, stick, snakes, etc can all come and go.

take a punch or something and remove that fragment and see if the noise goes away.

also - your axle seals are leaking. you need to check the oil in your front diff. i don't think? that ring is the actual seal from the inner part of the tube. i don't think it could walk all the way out like that.

Quick Reply: noises!?!?