2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

problems just dont end.....

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 09:39 AM
Rams3
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default problems just dont end.....

I have a 99 ram 5.2 auto that earlier this year I seemed to fix all the problems with, and now i have a new one. I have developed a wierd hesitation that only seems to be there sometimes when leaving a stop just off idle, the truck will bog and then go when you get on the gas, not all the time i would say about 50% of the time? It idles fine and seems to run good otherwise, it does seem to be running rich though because when at idle the truck exhaust has a strong "raw" unburnt fuel smell? Just to give you some background approx. 6 months ago I installed a reman longblock,cleaned tb with all new sensors,cleaned kegger and installed hughes plenum kit,new champion plugs,wires cap and rotor,shorty headers,magnaflow cat, flowmaster exhaust, both o2 sensors replaced, also a bunch of other new stuff that is unrelated to this issue including a dr. evil tranny. The truck now has approx 7k on it since all the work, any help would be appreciated thanks.

Old 09-29-2010, 01:15 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,214 Likes on 2,965 Posts

What brand O2 sensor?

Running rich would give you a bit of a bog..... Might be TPS is not the best, or, O2 sensor is lying...... or any of a number of other things......

Old 09-29-2010, 09:44 PM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

hesitation w/o rich gas exhaust might be a vac leak.

strong gas odor to the exhaust might be a bad O2 if all cylinders are rich, or a bad injector if only one cylinder is rich. check plugs for evidence of fouling.

Quick Reply: problems just dont end.....