2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

which headers are the best bag for the buck

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2010, 08:38 AM
redneck_ram
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default which headers are the best bang for the buck

hey all. im making my next mods list and headers are one of them. my question is, what headers are the best for the lowest price. i dont want to spend 700 on headers wheni can put that towards a tuner and hs rollers. im kinda interested in the jba headers.. how good are they? what about the summit racing headers, are they any good? last but not least ebay headers should i stay away from them? ive been in the mopar world for about a year now and am just getting into modding my truck. i have owned imports for the 4 years prior to that, so modding those is a bit different than modding a truck. any help is greatly appreciated, and again if you have any suggestions to other headers that i may have not mentioned let me know. thanks in advance.

Last edited by redneck_ram; 10-02-2010 at 09:05 AM.
Old 10-02-2010, 09:03 AM
dodgeman52
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have the summit racing headers and have been alright for me. when i got them i sand blasted them and sprayed three coats of vht high heat and the paint has stayied on pretty good so far. i know there not the best headers u can buy but they have worked good for me

Old 10-02-2010, 11:36 AM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Summit or Ebay are about the same quality and around the same price. The Ebay headers normally come to about 150$ after shipping.
I've had the Ebay headers for something like 5 years and aside from a little rust they're still in good shape and don't leak.

Old 10-02-2010, 12:00 PM
crawlin95
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i had a set of summit racing headers and long story short if you want send me a box and i will send you all the peices to them after two years they started cracking and falling apart. go with obx racing i purchased a set of theirs four 400 they are stainless steel and they carry a liftime warranty on them they are also welded inside and out. they even go as far as to port them when finished welding to make the welds smooth and flush. they are the best bang for your buck hands down. the only thing that had to do that i dis-liked was pull the spark plug heat sheild off because the flange is so freakin big but that was easily taken care of with a pair of channel locks and after much thought i decided it was better with them off cause now mud and sand cant get lodged in there.

Quick Reply: which headers are the best bag for the buck