2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Can't seem to shift to 2nd

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2010, 05:08 PM
YoyoOwnz
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can't seem to shift to 2nd

I am having a problem with my tranny for my 2001 ram 1500 5.2L 2wd. It turns on perfectly could put it on reverse and work it and could put it on drive and go off until i start going up in speed until bout 30 mph then at that point the car stays reving at 3000rpm unless i let it go then it will down but if i gas it again it will just go there. I have no problem accelerating as it will accelerate but the rpms will go through the roof. It will then sometimes kick into 2nd gear then be smooth ride again until i have to stop at a red light and have to go through the process all over again and sometimes it wont even change period. I changed the speed sensor located on the transmission and was thinking of the sensor on top of the transmission. i was told it was the PCM but i changed it as well and the problem is still the same. Today i was told it's the solenoid but i don't wanna go unleash more money for that then it not be the problem? anybody got a idea on what it could be? I am really busting my head was this and it's been nearly a month of trying to fix this problem and trying to fix this. I'm using the car for work but i dont wanna keep ******* it as this state. Please help!

Old 10-02-2010, 05:25 PM
CappinHoff
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by YoyoOwnz
I am having a problem with my tranny for my 2001 ram 1500 5.2L 2wd. It turns on perfectly could put it on reverse and work it and could put it on drive and go off until i start going up in speed until bout 30 mph then at that point the car stays reving at 3000rpm unless i let it go then it will down but if i gas it again it will just go there. I have no problem accelerating as it will accelerate but the rpms will go through the roof. It will then sometimes kick into 2nd gear then be smooth ride again until i have to stop at a red light and have to go through the process all over again and sometimes it wont even change period. I changed the speed sensor located on the transmission and was thinking of the sensor on top of the transmission. i was told it was the PCM but i changed it as well and the problem is still the same. Today i was told it's the solenoid but i don't wanna go unleash more money for that then it not be the problem? anybody got a idea on what it could be? I am really busting my head was this and it's been nearly a month of trying to fix this problem and trying to fix this. I'm using the car for work but i dont wanna keep ******* it as this state. Please help!
Welcome to DF.

Take a look at this.
http://bionicdodge.com/Download/Dodg...Adjustment.pdf

Also look around this section.
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen...on-corner.html

Quick Reply: Can't seem to shift to 2nd