2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

has anyone done nitrous?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2005 | 04:31 PM
Tani1500
|
Champion
Default has anyone done nitrous?

I was wondering if anyone has done nitrous in a 5.2. I would like to try it. ( dry shot through air intake. Nothing to major.) Its more going to be for show then anything elts. my friend has nitrous in his camaro and he doent shut up about it. The only time i might use it is when im wheeling up a big hill and need alittle extra speed and power to get up. any thoughts or you can tell me if this just seams stupid. Like i said it will be very rarely used if used at all. ( exept for purging it. lol thats just for fun!)

Old 06-04-2005 | 05:44 PM
zeekxxx
Captain
Default RE: has anyone done nitrous?

Hmmm I dont think its stupid. i could see that on a lowered race truck. Just remember that it puts added strain on the engine and other parts. But for a 4x4 I dont think I would do it... Id put the 400 bucks in an intake and exhast system for your truck. Maybe some headers. That extra power youd get would be there all the time with out doing the damage.,

good luck

Old 06-05-2005 | 12:14 AM
Tani1500
|
Champion
Default RE: has anyone done nitrous?

hey i think im just going to do headers and maybe i new 4x4 cam. the problem is im lifting my truck 5in and putting on 35'. i may get it and put in on just for the hell of it when i have money to **** away. i had a good idea for it to. insted of having nitrous going into my engine. i could put cone on the end of the line and point it at my radiator to cool it down alittle when im wheeling. and hell, it just looks cool.

Quick Reply: has anyone done nitrous?