2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

The winter project

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2010, 09:12 PM
CSXfan
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The winter project

Hi all,
My truck is in need of some TLC, so this winter I plan on parking it and getting everything done at one time. I'm currently building a lean to off the side or our barn that will be insulated and heated with a wood stove, perfect place to work during these crappy Michigan winters. My boss gave me a '75 W200 basket case that I've been slowly rebuilding in hopes of using it as my winter beater/plow truck. Assuming I can make the '75 reliable enough to drive all winter, I'll be parking my '99 as soon as the snow flies.

This thread will be kind of a checklist. I'll update it as I progress and hopefully I'll have a "like new" truck in the spring. Heres a list of everything that needs to be fixed or replaced...
New track bar (including drop tbar bracket)
New dash
Rear passenger door latch
Brakes (shaking when brakes applied, possibly warped drums?)
Pillar gauge lights (way to dim for some reason)
Wild vent fix
Shock bolts (shocks rattle)
Tailgate latch (tailgate needs to be slammed in order to latch)
Rear diff fluid leak
Overhead light (button is broken)
Drivers side door panel needs to be secured better
Repair all rust-new passenger fender, bottom of doors, tailgate skin, rear bumper
Paint frame rails, axles, steering components
Install tow hooks
Steering columb rattle (possible new steering shaft?)

My plan is to fix things in the order they are listed above. I'm sure there are some things I forgot. My neighbor does body work for a living and he owes me, so I'm hoping he will cut me a deal on the rust repair. If I have any extra time/money, I'll be adding the following...
Flowmaster SI/DO 50 series
HS 1.7 roller rockers
SCT programer
Shorty headers

...in that order. Stay tuned!

Quick Reply: The winter project