2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Which Dodge To Get?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 11:40 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

It's NOT uncommon to find vehicles with a "salvaged" title when they get over seven years old. Could have very possibly been a minor accident that only needed plastic, lights, grill and/or maybe outer panels. Parts are stupid high, so it doesn't take much damage to get over the value of an older vehicle.

If the owner of the truck will allow it, take it to a mechanic you trust, have him give it a good once over and maybe even pay for a compression test if you get serious about wanting that truck. If it checks out AND you can get the guy to drop at least $500, you may have a pretty good truck on your hands. If the guy balks about it being taken to a mechanic - WALK! he's hiding something.

As for the second one, I wouldn't buy a vehicle I could not run first unless I was just buying it for parts...

Quick Reply: Which Dodge To Get?!?!?