2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Classic tube brake line review ....

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 08:47 PM
babyhuey6810
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Classic tube brake line review ....

for anyone who cares.After looking over my brake lines I decided to replace them all at once instead of one at a time.Dealer wanted to part my butt cheeks,and I didnt want to do it myself because I cant flare worth $#@%,plus 4whl abs has some small tight bends that would have looked like some hillbilly worked on my truck if I had tried to do it.The mastercool flare kit is 400$,plus a roll of stainless 3/16 is 90$,so I decided to use classic tubes kit.These guys told me 2 weeks,but they continually put me off after I called them.I finally told them I wanted to cancel my order and lo and behold,I had a track # the next day.They will give you a handy unless you are firm and direct with them.So I was really set to hate their product when the big brown goodie truck rolled up to my door.Once I opened the box,all hatred went out the door.These lines are too pretty to put on the truck,but I did it anyway.They are bent to precision,and being stainless they should outlast the truck.Ok,they were 340$ shipped,but I dont want to **** around with my brakes.I am still trying to remove the stain from the leather when my truck quit stopping.Thank God I wasnt rolling on 95 at 80 klicks per hour.Anyway,I will add a pic if anyone wants to see.I am still cleaning up the frame rust under the gas tank and painting under the bed,so its not completly finished yet,hopefully this weekend if dry.

Quick Reply: Classic tube brake line review ....