2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

8" lift kit question

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 05:43 AM
TheBigRedOne
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
You missed the entire point. It isn't that it won't support the weight, it is because the cage is there in the first place, you can't mount a tool box. The exposed shocks would preclude any "loose" cargo, sand, dirt, gravel, rocks, ect.

What you seem to be missing here, is that YOU build trucks for COMPLETELY different reasons than anyone else on here. What works for you, and a customer with deep pockets does NOT necessarily work for people here. But, I really don't expect you to grasp that little fact. You enjoy living in your own world there, I am going to stay right here in the real world, where we build trucks that are not single purpose, race-dedicated machines.
My last post got deleted or something.. This is a bedcage a coworker of mine built for a customer. How would this prevent the mounting of a toolbox?

Also, since when does a hideous mispaced toolbox dictate weather or not a truck is useful? It takes up the forward third or so of the bed, and they just look like hell IMO.A well thought out truck allows room for all of the above. Hell, most of the cages I've built were built specifically with the thought in mind of still being able to load a Quad or a couple of bikes. I had a built F150 briefly, and I somehow managed to load it with 1000lbs of decomposed granite, when I was putting in a brick patio in my yard.. You just have to be smarter then the equipment you're working with. A simple tarp solved the problem of small holes in the bed.

Quick Reply: 8" lift kit question