2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Track bar affecting braking???

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2010, 07:56 PM
kejobe
Record Breaker
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Track bar affecting braking???

First off; 2001 1500 4wd 5.2l RWAL. Now, I replaced the track bar about 5 weeks or so ago. With a cheap one. (I know...stupid me) but I was short on cash at the time. Anyway, it's bad again (already). I'm ordering a MOOG bar tomarrow. But, as of right now if I hit the brakes from highway speeds or in a "panic" situation I need to steer to the right cuz the truck is pulls HARD to the left. I got up to about 15 mph i my driveway, hit the brakes just before lock-up and 12 position on the steering wheel became 6 when I stopped. Is it possible that the bad track bar could cause this? The braking problem has been getting worse the past few weeks (along with the bar). Or, do I need to look for something else? I've already checked the calipers, all 4 pistons move freely, pads are evenly worn, rotors look good, and bled the front brakes (no air). What else is there that could be bad? Could it be the combination valve, or should I wait until I get the new track bar on and see how it is?

Quick Reply: Track bar affecting braking???