2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

99 ram wont start after plenum rapair

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 05:25 PM
01Rammer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know this doesnt help as of right now. But im still new to the mechanic thing and when I do a big repair i put bright colored tape on the ends of everything(wires, lines,etc) and take off when I plug it back up. That way I can SEE everything I forgot. Just a tip incase you didnt know.

Old 11-12-2010, 06:17 PM
Sixtysixdeuce
Captain

These guys pretty well covered what you need to check. There is an open or short somewhere. Check everything you touched. Then check it again. And check all your fuses, just in case and because it's easy and you'll feel really dumb if you popped one and spend hours chasing your tail for not looking. Ask me how I know.

"It ran before (insert repair) was done" are usually easy to diagnose, as it has to be something that was affected by the procedure.

Old 10-22-2011, 06:41 PM
fowdalla

i know this is coming in a little late but i hate it when someone just leaves a thread hanging. I did end up figuring it out the next morning by pulling everything apart again and it turns out i had smashed a wire in between the intake and the block and it was causing it to ground out. as soon as i fixed that the truck started up just fine. 1 week later my oil pump went out and that was a pita let me tell yea. so i stuck a new oil pump in along with new cam and lifters just to be safe and then sold the truck a week later lol to get rid of the constant headache it was giving me lol just though i would let yall know and hopefully this helps someone else that may be in the same boat i was in.

Old 10-22-2011, 07:47 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Better late than never right? Thank You very much for getting back to us and posting the fix to the problem. Any chance you remember what the wire was for that was pinched?

Old 10-22-2011, 08:00 PM
fowdalla

It was one at the back of the passenger side. Probably the cam pos sensor but i have no real idea. It was a 2 wire connector that was pinched if i remember correctly.

Old 10-22-2011, 08:03 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

OK thanks, I think that would be the crank sensor wire.

Quick Reply: 99 ram wont start after plenum rapair