2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Truck was broken into

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 06:53 AM
CSXfan
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Truck was broken into

Well I guess it technically wasn't broken into since I left the doors unlocked. I got up for work at 3:30 this morning and from the garage I heard my dog growling at something. I walked outside and I see that the dome lights in my truck are on. Thinking I just didn't shut the door tight enough last night I walked out there and that's when I heard somebody running through the woods behind my truck. I grabbed my spotlight and shined back there but didn't see anything. I don't think they took anything, but it still pisses me off that somebody was snooping around opening stuff up. Looks like I'll be locking my truck from now on.

Old 11-12-2010, 07:22 AM
95RAM360
Grand Champion
Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts

ive had that happen once to me (Not with my RAM) but now its a habit to lock everywhere i go no matter what.... (i had a $400 amp stolen)

Old 11-12-2010, 10:37 AM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

A friend of mine was at his girlfriends house one night and her car as well as her room mates car were both unlocked and they were both rummaged through and had stuff stolen out of them. His car was locked and didn't get touched.
A lot of times it isn't worth the effort/risk from the noise to bust a window and the thief will move on to an easier target.
The only time I don't lock mine is when I'm right there by it. If I'm not around (outside with it) the I lock it.

Old 11-12-2010, 12:59 PM
BIGRED97
Captain

my truck was broken into a year and half ago, they pried the door handle out, and then with a pair of needle nose they grabbed the lock rod and just pushed it up! didnt brake anything, but stole about 600$worth of stuff, i was pissed!

Old 11-12-2010, 01:30 PM
J415
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

About 4 years ago my truck was almost broken into by some Cambodian kids in my brothers driveway. There's a big Cambodian/Laotian population in his town (Stockton, CA) The dump asses only got as far as to break my door handle because they were trying to jimmy it with a screw driver. There LUCK *** HELL my brother or I didn't wake up because they just might of had a visit from Smith & Wesson.

Old 11-12-2010, 07:39 PM
CSXfan
All Star

Yeah the population of the town I live in has trippled in the last few years and the "small town" feel is pretty much gone. In the last month there have been 6 home invasions and a hooker was arrested in the park about half mile from my house. I never lock my truck, and the keys are usually in the ignition when I'm at home. I figure if somebody really want's something that's in my truck, I'd rather have them just take it than bust out a window.

Old 11-12-2010, 07:58 PM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

An easy target is much more tempting than a challenging one.
What was it that used to be in Laramies signature? Something along the lines of "locks keep honest people honest."

Old 11-12-2010, 08:34 PM
keepitrunning
Rookie

Many years ago.... the one night I didn't lock my truck while parked in my carport within 10 feet of my front door: I go out for work about 6:30 am and there is a drunk sleeping it off on the front seat! I pulled him out and on his *** on the concrete and threw him head long down the driveway! Mad is an understatement!

Last edited by keepitrunning; 11-12-2010 at 08:34 PM. Reason: spelling

Quick Reply: Truck was broken into