2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

4x4 vacuum

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 12:52 PM
bobracing32
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4x4 vacuum

Most of my vacuum lines on my truck are junk. Moslty broken and or not even hooked up. The truck runs good but no 4x4. Can anyone tell me if there is an aftermarket switch to engage the 4x4. or a diagram of where the 4x4 lines run? Ive got them off the t case to the 4x4 acuator but from there into the engine bay they are missing?

Old 11-12-2010, 05:49 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,393 Likes on 3,133 Posts

Two lines run up the firewall, to the back, passenger side of the engine. Green, and white. One is a vent, the other is vacuum supply. Supply hits the bag o' snakes between the engine, and the A/C receiver/dryer. There are a couple lines that run off there, one goes to the vacuum reservoir, one disappears into the cab, for the HVAC controls, etc. Look for the supply line there. The vent line just needs to end somewhere as high as you can get it. (don't wanna suck water in there...... but then, if you are shifting into/out of 4wd while it is submerged....... you are doing things wrong any way. )

Old 11-12-2010, 07:04 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by bobracing32
Most of my vacuum lines on my truck are junk. Moslty broken and or not even hooked up. The truck runs good but no 4x4. Can anyone tell me if there is an aftermarket switch to engage the 4x4. or a diagram of where the 4x4 lines run? Ive got them off the t case to the 4x4 acuator but from there into the engine bay they are missing?

We can help you fix the factory vacuum setup, or google PosiLok.

Quick Reply: 4x4 vacuum