2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

TB came in the mail

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2005, 03:24 PM
bamory
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default TB came in the mail

Received the new TB today, it looks sweet, see a difference in bore size, and its clean as new,will hopefully have it hooked up tommorow, and will post

Old 06-08-2005, 05:05 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 227 Likes on 212 Posts
Default RE: TB came in the mail

tomorrow? dude that is unacceptable! that thing needs to be on there by the end of lunch... TB's are quick to change... [sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 06-08-2005, 07:41 PM
zeekxxx
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah no kidding lol. Set the egg timer and do it.....

I am interested in your results. This might be my next mod....

thx

Old 06-08-2005, 08:54 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame

ORIGINAL: bamory

Received the new TB today, it looks sweet, see a difference in bore size, and its clean as new,will hopefully have it hooked up tommorow, and will post
that 8 mpg needs to change... I'm getting 13.5 average.... find out what's wrong with it and i'll be your gonna get some better mpg.

Old 06-09-2005, 12:44 AM
bamory
Captain

I know it doesnt take that long but Im a student nurse in clinicals, im surprised I find the time to post, i will endeavor to have it on by tommorrow AM, and i hope I see a difference. As for my gas mileage, I have great spark, new plugs, O2 sensors functioning properly, tires are 265's BFs, free flowing exhaust, tonneau cover, only other thing other than the TB I can do is a cold air intake. Have no idea what else to check for the gas mileage, have been researching the whole thing and not seeing where other mods will do much....but anyhow its a 6000 LB truck, I didnt expect to get 25 MPG

Old 06-09-2005, 03:38 AM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame

how is your exhaust setup? I know when I had dual out 2.5's I was down to 11 mpg. went to dual 2.25's and it made a huge difference.

any mod that will increase your low end torque should help on gas milage since, if you think about it, most of your driving is below 2500 rpm's when your cruising. so the more power and torque you have, the better the milage (less throttle to get going and to maintain your speed).

also, I dont think your truck is 6000 lbs, the diesels are around 5k and they are the heaviest of them all (for the 2nd gen rams). you might be looking at the GVWR which would be cargo and passangers and the weight of the truck... yours is a 1/2 ton I assume?

Old 06-09-2005, 05:14 AM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

....i will endeavor to have it on by tommorrow AM, and i hope I see a difference.
Don't be concerned if you don't notice a difference right away. It might take your PCM a few hundred miles to learn the new TB flow. I started noticing more improvement on mine after about 200 miles. When I first put it on, and reset the PCM per Dan's instructions, it ran kinda rich for about the first 5-15minutes, then it started to settle in.

Old 06-09-2005, 12:26 PM
bamory
Captain

how is your exhaust setup? I know when I had dual out 2.5's I was down to 11 mpg. went to dual 2.25's and it made a huge difference. also, I dont think your truck is 6000 lbs, the diesels are around 5k and they are the heaviest of them all (for the 2nd gen rams). you might be looking at the GVWR which would be cargo and passangers and the weight of the truck... yours is a 1/2 ton I assume?

That was a exaggeration Steve, have never looked at GVWR but I will now, was speculating that it was a very heavy truck,and as for exhaust, i used the stock pipe on the twister, it has a 2.25 reducer that comes off the muffler then it goes back out to its original stock pipe, not any noticable difference on MPG after I put it on + or -

Old 06-09-2005, 12:44 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame

how is your exhaust setup? I know when I had dual out 2.5's I was down to 11 mpg. went to dual 2.25's and it made a huge difference. also, I dont think your truck is 6000 lbs, the diesels are around 5k and they are the heaviest of them all (for the 2nd gen rams). you might be looking at the GVWR which would be cargo and passangers and the weight of the truck... yours is a 1/2 ton I assume?

That was a exaggeration Steve, have never looked at GVWR but I will now, was speculating that it was a very heavy truck,and as for exhaust, i used the stock pipe on the twister, it has a 2.25 reducer that comes off the muffler then it goes back out to its original stock pipe, not any noticable difference on MPG after I put it on + or -
the 2.25 reducer on the stock pipe is holding you back. what is the "twister"? for good results, go with 3" single or dual 2.25" outs off the muffler (if the muffler has dual outs). opening up the exhaust will help you motor breath better and should help a little on fuel economy.

Old 06-09-2005, 02:59 PM
bamory
Captain

I was wrong Steve, after i read your post I went and took a look, its 3 " all the way out, they just cut the stock exhaust out and welded the twister in. As for what the twister is http://www.flopro.com , its like a cherry bomb, but more expensive, good tone, stainless steel, similar sound to a Flowmaster 40, as for that causing me to have 8MPG, I doubt it, from stock to this I have seen no difference at all in MPG, motor seems to be breathing fine,after the TB we will see If I need to open it up further, Im kinda at a loss trying to figure this out,

Quick Reply: TB came in the mail