2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Had nothing but problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 12:10 AM
Hick727
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Had nothing but problems

I have had nothing but problems with my dodge truck. First the engine overheats, then the transmission goes crazy, now my 4WD is broke. I hate my dodge. I have always been a chevy guy and regret my purchase. But i would like to thank you all for all the help you have been! You are a great group of people! Thanks for all your help but i will no longer be working on my truck. Only trying to sell it. I will always love Mopar Muscle cars though. My dream car is a 1970 Challenger R/T 440 Plum Crazy! So Dope!

P.S. This is real too. My angry brother didnt post this. LOL

Last edited by Hick727; 11-17-2010 at 12:13 AM.
Old 11-17-2010, 02:16 AM
rond97sport
Professional

i just bought my 1st dodge truck as well im also chevy nut and yes my truck came with just a little skip and now needs a motor a brake job ,maybe a tranny not sure yet as it no longer runs .but im patient and skilled in the art of automotive cpr as it were ,so we'll see how it goes ,im not angry yet......yet

Old 11-17-2010, 07:12 AM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

after i bought mine a few years ago and had pretty good luck with it, a buddy bought one. after he had it a couple of weeks he found out it needed thousands in repairs that he didn't want to do himself - transmission, rear end, plenum, possible head, etc. he drove it down to the ford dealership and traded it in and lost a lot of $$$.

Old 11-17-2010, 08:14 AM
95RAM360
Grand Champion
Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts

just fix it...thats what ive been doing...no matter what vehicle you buy, you'll eventually have problems. Looks like you got a RAM that was neglected....

Ive dumped over 7K in the past year into my truck such as t-case, most front end parts, suspension, motor work etc.

I will never get rid of my dodge...ive fixed most all the crap that was wrong and now shes been running beautiful the past 6 months....aside from the t-case going....but ive replaced that and shes on the road again.

IMHO id keep it....

Old 11-17-2010, 11:15 PM
JSTMoto
Veteran

I'd sell it. If it is your daily driver, and it cant get you to work in a reliable, day-to-day fashion, then maybe one of the 'enemy' brands will. But if it's a project truck, keep it and build it how you like...

-JT

Old 11-18-2010, 02:25 PM
bcertain
Amateur

I have a 98 ram that I bought 4 years ago. Mine must have been taken care of by previous owner, because the only things I have replaced were the speed control sensor and the radiator. Other than brakes and oil changes I have had to do nothing else to it. It doesn't matter what brand you buy, if it isn't taken care of properly it is going to fail. I personally love my Dodge. I have owned a Ford, a Chevy, and even a Nissan. But my Dodge has been my favorite and most trouble free truck.

Old 03-29-2011, 07:02 PM
Hick727
Rookie

Sold it today. Kinda sad but glad at the same time.

Quick Reply: Had nothing but problems