2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

I HATE my luck with this truck, but I love the truck.

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 11:59 AM
joshsbetterhalf
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I HATE my luck with this truck, but I love the truck.

So yesterday, my fiance's truck was full of fence material from my parents townhouse and he needed to go home so I let him take my truck since he said he'd fill it up. He came in the house this morning fussing because there was a leak on my truck. I, personally, have never noticed a fluid leak, especially red fluid which I recognize as transmission fluid. Or should I say, I'd like to think I'd recognize these things since I know how upset he gets when my truck breaks down. Or either of our trucks for that matter. Anyway, there's fluid all over my aftermarket additional transmission fluid cooler, and the entire front end of the engine as well as 3 pools of fluid dripping from under the truck. My fiance tracked it down to a leak because a loose hose going to, or from, the second transmission fluid cooler. Tightened it and he checked the transmission fluid level and it wasn't even registering. I feel absolutely stupid, he says the truck was shifting hard, I didn't notice a difference. Gah! Sorry just had to rant about how I can't go a whole month without something happening.

Old 11-21-2010, 12:18 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Think of it as rust control Make sure you check the fluid level after warm up , in neutral . With the e brake set of course.

Old 11-21-2010, 12:41 PM
joshsbetterhalf
Professional

Yep already done. I need to completely clean off the front end of the engine so I can monitor for any more residue. But gotta wait til tomorrow for that. It's gonna haul some fencing after lunch for my dad.

Old 11-21-2010, 01:13 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Just spray it down with some Gunk, before all the dirt and dust builds.

Old 11-21-2010, 03:20 PM
joshsbetterhalf
Professional

I was gonna hit it with some 409 but I don't have any in a spray bottle.

Old 11-21-2010, 03:32 PM
rond97sport
Professional

superclean degreaser works very well .and can be bought at walmart,or any autoparts store just squirt it on and rinse it off.

Old 11-21-2010, 03:34 PM
joshsbetterhalf
Professional

Thanks. I'll look into it. Right now I'm debating trying to clean up my headlights. They're so yellow and dim it's driving me up the wall.

Old 11-21-2010, 07:07 PM
rond97sport
Professional

well nothin beats a new set of lenses ,if your looking to save you can get the headlight restore kit its about $20 at autozone and pretty simple to use .ive used it on my honda and a friends grand cherokee and worked amazingly well in both cases .all you need is a cordless drill .and some patience

Quick Reply: I HATE my luck with this truck, but I love the truck.