2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Wiper fuse keeps blowing? HELP

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 01:15 AM
Camo Kid
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wiper fuse keeps blowing? HELP

OK yesterday afternoon my Wiper fuse blew? Hmmm I bought some fuses and replaced it and it seemed fine. This A.M. I am getting ready to leave and it's snowing so I turn on the wipers and it blows another fuse? Great!!! I pull back in the driveway change the fuse turn on the wipers and it blows another one!!! I jump on the net and google blown wiper fuses. Some people claimed that its probably a bad wiper motor? A friend stops by and I said I was going to go get a wiper motor. He runs me down to the parts store and on the way he says why don't you change the wiper relay first. OK so I purchase both the wiper relay and the motor. I get home and it's the wrong relay. I remove the existing one and go back and get the correct one. I changed the relay turn on the wipers and it doesn't blow a fuse. I call my buddie and thank him. This evening I leave to return the wiper motor and it's still snowing so I had the wipers on. I get a block from my house and the fuse blows!!! I go back home swap the wiper motor out that I thought I was just taking back? Turn on the wipers and POW it blows another fuse!!! I just got back from the parts store they had a wiper switch/turn signal arm but no intermittent wiper module. Anyone know what to check? Could it be the wiper switch/turn signal arm shorting out? Could it be the intermittent wiper module?

Old 11-23-2010, 05:54 AM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Remove the covers off the steering column and check for broken or shorted wires.

Old 11-23-2010, 04:48 PM
Camo Kid

I removed the electrical plug from the wiper motor than I changed the wiper switch/turn signal hi/low switch. I inserted a new fuse turned on the wipers and it didn't blow the fuse. I then reconnected the wiper motor and turned on the switch. It did not blow the fuse. I thought I had it repaired and put everything back together. I was turning the wiper switch on and off to align the wipers before I attached them and the wipers quit working. Now it blows the fuse again when you turn on the wipers?

Old 11-23-2010, 04:50 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,274 Likes on 3,021 Posts

Unplug the wiper motor, replace the fuse, play with the switch. If the fuse does NOT blow, replace the wiper motor.

Old 12-28-2010, 12:02 AM
Camo Kid

I had a short in the firewall. Thanx

Quick Reply: Wiper fuse keeps blowing? HELP