2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Slotted/drilled rotor, heavy duty???

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2005, 02:58 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Slotted/drilled rotor, heavy duty???

I am having some overheating on my front disk brakes. Result is that my rotor is glazing up. I need to get my rotors machined, then next week I am going to get a brake system flush. This should help some. Also will probably install some ceramic pads to replace the metallic pads I currently have. Ceramics don't generate as much heat.

My question is this: Has anyone found a slotted or drilled rotor that is heavy duty enough for towing and load applications. Most slotted/drilled rotors I know of are not as strong as a conventional rotor. They definetly help keep your brakes cooler, but what good is that if they crack on you when braking under a load.

Thanks.

Old 06-09-2005, 03:40 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 227 Likes on 212 Posts
Default RE: Slotted/drilled rotor, heavy duty???

On the M3... you tend to stay away from the cross drilled rotors for the cracking reasons... slotted should be fine

Quick Reply: Slotted/drilled rotor, heavy duty???