2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

1997 - 1998 Interior Swap

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2010, 06:36 AM
Cummins12Valve
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1997 - 1998 Interior Swap

I have a 1997 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins, ive owned quite a few Dodge pickups but never one with the 1998-02 interior, ive owned my diesel since i was 16 and have never had the heart to sell it for a newer one and I just dumped 5 grand into it so aint gonna sell it now!

now what im thinking of doing is taking a 1998 or 1999 Dodge interior and putting it in mine, all I need is the dash and door panels, I had a 1999 I bought to part out and was going to do the swap then but the dash was kinda messed up so I just put its carpet, seats, and trim panels in, its a pretty unique looking 97 but not a big fan of the old dash, ive mapped it all out and im fairly certain this can be done without much hassle, only problems ive seen running into is the Cluster, heater control, Vents and steering wheel with the airbag and cruise control. even then those arn't that big of issues to overcome.

I am planning on using the same dash mounting frame if its not too far off for the measurements, I know there will have to be some cutting and welding to make the old one work but fairly confident it can be done.

I know its a ridiculous amount of work for something like this but I wanna give it a try and if it doesnt work out, i put the old dash back in

anyone out there done this before or thought of doing this? any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Quick Reply: 1997 - 1998 Interior Swap