2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Check Engine - Code 32 - EGR, some questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 11:33 AM
lukeca
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Check Engine - Code 32 - EGR, some questions

Hi all,

1995 Dodge ram 2500 V10 with the check engine light on (ODBI). I used the key method to get the code and it is Code 32, "An open or shorted condition detected in the EGR solenoid circuit".

I also have the "Wild Vents" problem and no cruise control. I noticed in the Haynes manual it says the EGR valve is supplied vacuum by the same pump that supplies vacuum to the cruise and air conditioning system.

So my question is are the issues related at all? And if so would it be better to try to fix the EGR issue first and maybe it will fix the wild vents, or fix the wild vents first and maybe it will fix the EGR, or does it not really matter because they aren't really related.

And does anyone happen to have instructions on how to replace the EGR solenoid on the V10?

Old 12-03-2010, 12:04 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,268 Likes on 3,015 Posts

Two different problems that are most likely unrelated. Check the wiring for the EGR solenoid. You have a broken wire, or, one shorted to ground somewhere.

For the vacuum problem, look first for any broken vacuum lines. The hard plastic guys get brittle with time, and break easily.

Old 12-03-2010, 01:44 PM
lukeca
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok cool, thanks for the info

Quick Reply: Check Engine - Code 32 - EGR, some questions