2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Rear Axle Tag = 1885

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2011, 12:52 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Driving home from work one Friday...... we had been getting freezing rain most of the afternoon..... I didn't wanna hang in Ann Arbor, and wait for the roads to clear, so, I headed home. At 20 miles per hour....... The roads were covered in black ice, and there was a pretty stiff breeze. At the time, I was driving an 86 S-15 4x4. When the wind REALLY picked up, it would push the truck hard enough that I would lose traction on all four wheels, and I would instantly become a passenger, with a nice steering wheel to hang onto, until I hit one shoulder or the other, and could get traction again..... THAT was exciting. After the first experience...... When I saw oncoming traffic, I would pull over, and STOP, as I didn't wanna get blown into another car......

There was one stretch of road that just went thru one corner of a county, that WASN'T very well maintained, and there were HARD corners both entering, and leaving..... (no matter which direction you were going....) As I came around the corner (at 5MPH.....), It looked like some giant kid had just randomly tossed his toy cars everywhere. It was hilarious. There were probably a dozen cars in various positions, none of them actually ON the road. I had chains, and tug straps, and spent the next three hours pulling cars back onto the road. (that was fun, with just about zero traction on the roads......) I think I made about 500 bucks that night.
Sounds like a blast

We could probably fill up these forums with snow driving stories!

Your second paragraph is sorta how my grandfather got his BMW.

Old 12-25-2011, 01:06 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by stewie01
We could probably fill up these forums with snow driving stories!
That'd be a fun thread. Wanna start it?

Old 12-25-2011, 01:35 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by UnregisteredUser
That'd be a fun thread. Wanna start it?
Thread has been started.

Quick Reply: Rear Axle Tag = 1885