2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

help!!!! before the snow! look

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 12:47 PM
97ramnj
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had no pads on the shift fork. But I had some stroke of luck. As I was about to Leave the junkyard After not being able to get the cad housing off, some Guy walks in Getting ready to junk his truck which was the same as mine! I got the cad unit for 20 bucks and a full black leather interior for 125 bucks! I had some stroke of luck yesterday! Lol

Old 01-12-2011, 01:26 PM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 97ramnj
I had no pads on the shift fork. But I had some stroke of luck. As I was about to Leave the junkyard After not being able to get the cad housing off, some Guy walks in Getting ready to junk his truck which was the same as mine! I got the cad unit for 20 bucks and a full black leather interior for 125 bucks! I had some stroke of luck yesterday! Lol
You had better go buy a couple lottery tickets before it's too late.

Old 01-14-2011, 05:21 PM
97ramnj
Captain

yeah your telling me, lol i dont think i want to push my luck to far! i need to do the axle swap still, id like to keep a little good luck for that. maybe i wont run into any problems... ok maybe im pushing my luck to far =p

Old 01-14-2011, 06:22 PM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by PurplDodge
Throw a few sandbags over the rear axle and you wont need 4WD.
hmmm, i disagree.

we've just experienced the damn storm of the century here in georgia, with about 5-6-7 inches of snow last sunday night, and temps in the 10's and 20's for the whole week, and most of it still on the ground, and a lot of it still on the road - its been really tough to get around all week. i've put about 120 miles on my truck this week, most of it in 4wd.

the first day when it was nice fresh, sticky snow, 2wd was ok. but after it got driven on and packed down, and no plows, and no salt.... i couldn't get moving in 2wd without just spinning the rears. and this is with mud grips, locker, and weight in the back.... but all you had to do was engage 4wd and it would go anywhere you wanted, even on an ice pack hill that you couldn't even walk on. actually it was impressive as hell. i've been pulling out stuck 2wd trucks all week long that were weighed down, and still couldn't move.

Old 01-14-2011, 07:09 PM
97ramnj
Captain

yeah i fixed my 4wd and its such a great feeling again to be able to GO when other people cant do sh*t lol. i pulled out a car today who was stuck on top of a snow bank, she hit ice and slid nose first all the way up the bank lol.

im so glad i fixed it, 2wd is okay until you get it all packed down and it turns into ice

Quick Reply: help!!!! before the snow! look