2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Transmission Wiring Harness

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 12:49 AM
ramtow
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission Wiring Harness

New to the forum. I have a 97 Ram 1500 with 5.9 and 4 speed auto. It recently stopped shifting out of 1st. Replaced the speed sensor and did not resolve the problem. I have purchase the Pressure Sensor, solinoid and wiring harness. I have the sensor and solinoid out but do not know how to pull the wiring harness. I have searched the forum but have not found any mention of exactly how this is done. Photos of what to pull would be a great help. I am mechanically inclined but I have not worked on Automatic Transmissions before.

Thank You.

Old 01-15-2011, 01:06 AM
matty675
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

only replace the solenoid and sensor

Old 01-16-2011, 02:39 PM
ramtow
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Following your advice I just replaced the sensor and the solinoid. Transmission is now back to normal. After pulling the old parts it looks like the solinoid screens were clogged and not allowing fluid flow. It is possible I could have cleaned the screens and reinstalled the old parts. There were alot of metal shavings in the fluid and around the magnet and there were a couple of small metal pieces. I wish I had put in a drain plug because I can see changing the fluid again in the near future.

Quick Reply: Transmission Wiring Harness