2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

99 Ram 1500 4.7 Loud noise perhaps lifters?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 11:16 PM
matty675
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

AHHH sweet REVENGE!

im interested to hear how your going to pull this off AND keep your job

Old 01-29-2011, 06:15 AM
mr freeze
Veteran

Ah,Shakespeare said it best.
If you ***** us, do we not bleed?
if you tickle us, do we not laugh? if you poison
us, do we not die? and if you wrong us, shall we not
revenge?

Old 01-29-2011, 07:02 AM
stands2p
Banned

Originally Posted by drewactual
is it that obvious?

truth be known, I'm not cold with anger.. I'm warm with the plotting of my vengeance.. Life is good for those who can hold on to a grudge long enough to eff somebody up while they are just wondering 'why?'.. trust me on this- it is a fantastic feeling..
revenge on the oil company?thought you and thus determined synthetic oil was the "ROOT CAUSE"

Old 01-29-2011, 01:18 PM
drewactual
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by stands2p
revenge on the oil company?thought you and thus determined synthetic oil was the "ROOT CAUSE"

eh- I don't know who or what caused it.. all I know for certain is that a lifter collapsed.. the lack of knowledge doesn't deter me from plotting revenge against the softest target though.. fair enough?

fwiw- the guys who did the lift told me there was a tick when they picked it up from the alignment shop that wasn't there when they took it- and I believe them. He said he wasn't familiar with my truck and didn't know if it was normal or not.. I believe that too.. but then I'm also paying the repair costs, which drives me to at least have a back-up revenge plan plotted..

to the OP- Good luck in diagnosing and repairing your issue.. gunk in the engine could certainly cause a lifter to clog and stick and/or collapse.. If you could find an air fitting with a really long pipette you could possibly blow them out without having to remove the intake, by pulling the push rod over the offending lifter and sticking the pipette down in there and squeezing off the trigger- this is a long shot though.. but if it is debris at the port, it could certainly clear it. If those debris are inside the lifter- and clinging to the check ball, you could simply be making it worse too.. If you're going to have to pull the intake anyway, you might as well give it a shot.

Quick Reply: 99 Ram 1500 4.7 Loud noise perhaps lifters?