2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Truck misfires after snowstorm???

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 04:06 PM
vikingdiesel
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Truck misfires after snowstorm???

I started my truck this morning after the blizzard and truck BARELY ran, it was misfiring bad, I check the codes and I have CYL 5, 7, 8 misfire. I open the hood and the motor and everything was completely covered with snow, I checked the wires and dried them off, i let it idle and drove it around for about 15 min and it got a little better but still a misfire, what got wet? Distributor? Coil? Its definitely the snow that messed it up, any ideas? TIA

Old 02-02-2011, 04:16 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,390 Likes on 3,130 Posts

Probably distributor, and coil. Water can do funny things, it manages to find its way into the most unusual of places... generally where you least want it to be. Running it for a while should eventually dry it out.

Old 02-02-2011, 04:33 PM
drewactual
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

check your exhaust pipes for a wayward rat that sought shelter.. heheheheeeeee- but really.. check your pipes.. how damn funny would that be?

Old 02-02-2011, 05:08 PM
dodgequadcab4.7

hey any one can have an idea what can cause my 2003 ram to misfire?

Old 02-08-2011, 01:00 AM
pashtrd
Professional

Originally Posted by vikingdiesel
I started my truck this morning after the blizzard and truck BARELY ran, it was misfiring bad, I check the codes and I have CYL 5, 7, 8 misfire. I open the hood and the motor and everything was completely covered with snow, I checked the wires and dried them off, i let it idle and drove it around for about 15 min and it got a little better but still a misfire, what got wet? Distributor? Coil? Its definitely the snow that messed it up, any ideas? TIA

Mine did the exact same thing after last weeks blizzard. except my trans also blew. hopefully when i get it back tomorrow everything will be better. did you get yours figured out?

Quick Reply: Truck misfires after snowstorm???