2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Driver side headlight

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2011, 01:26 AM
jrp267
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driver side headlight

Does anyone know where the drivers side headlight is grounded at? It has gone dim (orange) and looks as if it is poorly grounded. But I am unable to find the ground location. It's cold and I dont want to remove the battery if I dont have to. Thanks

Old 02-05-2011, 12:35 PM
EricCartman
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Based on what I have seen in the schematic from the FSM, they are both grounded at the same place, G201 which is inside the cab, very near to where the cigarette lighter outlet is.

If it was a ground, I would think both lights would be doing the same thing...

I had an old seam beam in a different vehicle that did the same thing... and it was a light itself. The problem followed the bulb when I swapped L to R. Your best bet, and least effort option is to replace the bulb(s).

Cartman

Old 02-05-2011, 02:28 PM
jrp267
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well thanks for the reply But the left headlamp is actually grounded to the body between the battery and the front clip. It goes into the bulk ground connector fastened there. And it was the ground Iused an ohm meter and found too much resistence. But thanks for the help and Now others will know where it is hooked up.

Quick Reply: Driver side headlight