2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Python Remote Start Install Help?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 03:52 PM
Buellstunter
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

your welcome. Good luck.

Old 02-28-2011, 09:26 PM
outlaw93z
Amateur

Hey, me again. I got the remote start working; the instructions you gave me on installing the ignition wires worked great! i was wondering if you or anyone have installed the door locks/unlocks as well. I cant seem to figure them out.

Old 02-28-2011, 09:45 PM
nolazach
Veteran

Originally Posted by outlaw93z
Hi, I recently purchased a python 1400xp remote start kit. I was wondering if anyone has had experience with the installation of this kit in their ram. Thanks in advance!

I have the window roll down feature, and the remote start as well as additional siren and strobe inside the cab.

I've had my truck stored for a while, but found my folder with all my wire diagram info and all the info on the needed relays.

Its not easy you just have to be careful when you do it.

You will need to hook a wire to either the alternator or the coil to let the alarm know the engine is running as well as to the P/N safety switch...

If you have any specific questions just ask, and if you need any wiring diagrams let me know though I got 99% of them from here, this board is a treasure trove of info.

(I'm a member of many auto forums and this is the only one I know of with a FSM)...

Okay i see Buell had a lot of good info..

Its a lot easier if you don't do the window relays, and also I had mine fail on me once and I couldn't control the windows until I fixed it.

Also as far as the starter kill. Another way to do a starter kill is to tie into the #9 fuse and cut power to it, this will turn off your fuel injection. I cut into my ignition, but I have a bypass switch as well incase the alarm dies, I can reach under my dash and bypass the alarm via a toggle..

Though I know cutting power to #9 will turn off your fuel injection, so it will work as a starter kill, just use a relay.

If you need any diagrams let me know, I'll have to scan them, but I can have them on site in 30 minutes or so if you need them..

Damn, I need to learn to read THE ENTIRE THREAD before replying...
give me a minute I'll get you the door lock diagrams..

Last edited by nolazach; 02-28-2011 at 09:51 PM.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:16 PM
nolazach
Veteran

Door lock relay info alarm type 1.

( you may need to add your own relays if your alarm doesn't have them, just follow diagram at top.
http://i54.tinypic.com/141qqdt.jpg

Similar to above, with the relays, just for a different alarm harness.
http://i51.tinypic.com/2dvj58x.jpg

here is the wiring diagram you would find in the FSM for the door locks...

Good luck, I put both my relays inside the drivers door, and ran my wires with the factory wires, through the rubber elbow thing that goes from the door to the cab.

http://i55.tinypic.com/34pne9u.jpg

Old 03-02-2011, 08:08 PM
Buellstunter
Professional

Cant really help ya with the locks. The 1st jeep I put it in I hooked them in to 2 wires in the driver floor kick panel.They were the trigger wires for the relays i believe. I'm not 100% sure. but I think you need to hook it in before the relay to get it to work. Or use an external relay.

Quick Reply: Python Remote Start Install Help?