2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Python Remote Start Install Help?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 02:32 AM
outlaw93z
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Python Remote Start Install Help?

Hi, I recently purchased a python 1400xp remote start kit. I was wondering if anyone has had experience with the installation of this kit in their ram. Thanks in advance!

Old 02-14-2011, 08:23 AM
pcfixerpro
Champion

Originally Posted by outlaw93z
Hi, I recently purchased a python 1400xp remote start kit. I was wondering if anyone has had experience with the installation of this kit in their ram. Thanks in advance!
I installed a remote start only in my truck. Any particular questions you need answered?

Old 02-15-2011, 07:12 PM
Buellstunter
Professional

I just installed that very same unit in a 96 jeep grand cherokee. What questions do you have? it's the 2nd time I installed that unit in a jeep (dad keeps selling his jeeps. lol)

Old 02-15-2011, 07:15 PM
slider15004x4
Veteran

What questions do you have? I installed their keyless entry, alarm, and remote start Python 991.

Old 02-15-2011, 10:21 PM
outlaw93z
Amateur

hey,
I am still deciding on doing the install or not, was it a fairly straightforward setup? Anything to watch out for? I unfortuanately dont have specific instructions for my truck. And how for you guys who have the python kits, have they performed well?

Old 02-16-2011, 03:37 PM
Buellstunter
Professional

The unit works well for my dad. has had it in 2 separate jeeps now without issue. But I recommend installing it as an add on, and not putting it inline of the ignition system. Unless you are using it for the alarm feature with starter interrupt. Would hate to be out somewhere and have it fault and not be able to start the vehicle. Here is the wiring diagram for your truck. let me know if I can help ya any further.

1995-97 Dodge Ram Pickup Alarm, Remote Starter, Keyless Entry Wiring Information

Constant 12V+ Pink/Black or Red Ignition Switch Harness
Starter Dark Blue/Yellow Ignition Switch Harness
Ignition Dark Blue Ignition Switch Harness
Ignition 2 Black/White Ignition Switch Harness
Ignition 3 DIESEL- see notes
Accessory Black/Orange Ignition Switch Harness (Heat/AC)
Tach Gray/Black Coil
Neutral Safety Wire Black/White (-) Ignition Switch Harness
Brake Switch White/Tan Brake Switch or Ignition Switch Harness
Trunk Pin n/a
Parking Lights Black/Yellow (+) Driver's Kick Panel Yellow Connector or next to Column
Head Lamp Light Green Steering Column
Factory Disarm Light Green/Orange (-) 24 Pin Connector behind Driver's Dash
Door Trigger Yellow (-) Driver's Kick Panel Yellow Connector or Light Switch
Door Lock Orange/Purple 10 Pin Connector Driver's Kick or behind Glove Compartment
Door Unlock Pink/Purple Reverse Polarity
Horn Wire Black/Red (-) 74 Pin Connector behind Driver's Dash
Windows Up LF=Light Blue, RF=Brown/White
Windows Down LF=White, RF=Purple/White

Last edited by Buellstunter; 02-16-2011 at 03:48 PM.
Old 02-17-2011, 12:13 AM
outlaw93z
Amateur

wow, this is great!!! thankyou! I might install this tomorrow afternoon. What do you mean by "add on" though?

Old 02-17-2011, 03:43 PM
Buellstunter
Professional

Don't cut the wires in half from the ignition switch to the rest of the truck. When the instructions tell you to cut the wire and hook the one wire to the side going to the rest of the truck and the other wire to the side going to the ignition switch. just tie the wires together from the auto start. then tie them into the one that they reccomend you cut in half.
I forget the color of the wires for the auto start. ill look around again and see if I can find them for ya. Then ill let you know which ones to tie together.

Old 02-17-2011, 04:10 PM
Buellstunter
Professional

ok,Here we go. On your relay satellite..

Tie both red wires and the red/white wires together and hook them to the pink/black or red wire of your wireing harnes coming from the ignition switch. +12v at all times use test light to test for the right wire.

Then tie the orange wire to the black/orange wire from the ignition switch. This wire will have +12v only when the key is in the on position.

Tie the purple and green wires together then hook them to the dark blue/yellow wire of the ignition switch. This wire has +12v when cranking the engine

hook the pink wire to the dark blue wire of the ignition switch

hook the pink/white wire to the black/white wire of the ignition switch..

This should work for your truck. read all the instructions for the auto start to verify this and put fuses where needed. also refer to the other message I posted for you about the wireing of your truck. Good luck!

Last edited by Buellstunter; 02-17-2011 at 04:12 PM.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:45 PM
outlaw93z
Amateur

Alright, thanks alot for all your help! if not tommorow, I will definately start the installation monday. Unfortunately todays task was doing the front wheel bearing..... lol. Thanks Again!

Quick Reply: Python Remote Start Install Help?