2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Lost on my headlights.... please help

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 11:49 PM
OhioChuck
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MLJ,

I just found some notes I made in my FSM after doing the repair on our truck. The 2 wires that I had to resolder were: Violet/White and Light Green. The Violet/White wire is in cavity 18 of the connector and is the dimmer switch low beam output. The Light Green wire is in cavity 19 and is the headlamp relay output. You might have to disconnect the big connector from the multifunction switch to get enough slack to turn it far enough to see if that's your problem - don't worry it will only plug back together one way. There's a screw in the middle of the connector you'll have to remove to get the connection apart; be sure and tighten it after plugging the connector back into the switch. It also could be your multifunction switch is bad; they're easy to replace but you'll need a "security torx" bit to remove/replace it.

Chuck

Last edited by OhioChuck; 02-18-2011 at 11:51 PM.
Old 02-19-2011, 08:43 AM
MLJ
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW thanks for all of the replies, I wasn't expecting so many... I am looking for a book for it, unfortunately my local auto shop was out of them so they ordered me one and hopefully it will be here soon... I have owned them for most of my other vehicles and they are very nice to have on hand... I've checked the wires and they look ok, and checked all of the fuses and relays and they were good, so it looks like I might be in need of a new switch all together...

Quick Reply: Lost on my headlights.... please help