2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

truck wont stay running?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 01:24 PM
danielle.cook628
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry truck wont stay running?

I have a 2000 Dodge Ram 1500 v6, that we recently replaced the fuel pump. It ran fine for about 400 miles after that, then would start but not stay running unless the gas pedal was pressed. We cleaned the air filter, and ran 100% gas though it, along with some seafoam injector cleaner, and it seemed to be working fine. Running great, for well over 1500 miles. This morning when I went down to start the truck, it did it again. Not wanting to run without pressing on the gas. What could be causing this? I know its not bad gas...

Old 02-18-2011, 05:21 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,393 Likes on 3,133 Posts

IAC motor on the back of the throttle body.

Pull the throttle body, remove the IAC motor, clean the pintle, and the passages in the TB really well. Disconnect the battery for a few minutes after you put it all back together.

If that doesn't help, replace the IAC motor.

Old 02-18-2011, 11:59 PM
89newporker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
IAC motor on the back of the throttle body.

Pull the throttle body, remove the IAC motor, clean the pintle, and the passages in the TB really well. Disconnect the battery for a few minutes after you put it all back together.

If that doesn't help, replace the IAC motor.
Agreed, Pull the throttle body and CLEAN IT OUT... Carbon build up can prevent it from doing what it needs to do

Quick Reply: truck wont stay running?