2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

How many of you added the 2 inch spacers in front?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2005, 03:03 PM
zeekxxx
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How many of you added the 2 inch spacers in front?

Im going to order some tonight and I want to make sure there are not any problems with this mod. I want to get the droop out of the front end. I dont want to get the new coils till I get back to the USA so the spacers for 150 bucks sound good. Im going to get the daystar ones. anybody see any problems with this? Will I need to get new front shocks right away?

Please respond

thx

Old 06-26-2005, 04:09 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: How many of you added the 2 inch spacers in front?

Sounds like a good plan, but I think $150 for spacers is high. I have seen them for around $80-90.

In my opinion, if you know that you are going to do new coils someday soon, I would wait until then and just do coils. It is kinda a big job (not difficult, just time consuming) to remove the coil springs. You will have to do escentially the same thing (minus actually removing the coil) to get your spacers in. Then, you will have to do it again when you want to put springs in. Seems like a lot of extra work if you know that your going to go with springs soon anyway.

Your stock shocks will work fine with 2" lift, as long as you don't do a lot of off roading. If you drive mostly on the street, they will be ok.

Old 06-26-2005, 05:07 PM
suicide jockey

I agree 100%. Just go with the new coils. I did the spacers and I like them but from experience with them I think the coil would be better.

Old 06-26-2005, 07:08 PM
zeekxxx
Captain

Ok then... where can I get these coils. Please post a link.

thanks

Old 06-26-2005, 08:03 PM
crusher135
Rookie

Or, make your own spacers, its not hard well depends if u got the tools

Old 06-26-2005, 08:32 PM
Tani1500
Champion

I head the daystars are the best. You can get them on ebay for 105 or something plus shipping. also do you know when your coming back and where do you live in the US? if you dont mind me asking.

Old 06-26-2005, 09:04 PM
zeekxxx
Captain

Sure np

I am stationed in Geilenkirchen Germany - North West Part of the country - And I have 1 more year here before getting stationed in Oklahoma City or Alaska. Im pulling for Alaska. I was up there for a trip in 2000 and it is soooo pretty. So many trails to drive and things to hunt. It's almost too good a dream for my family so I dont want to wish to hard. I spent 96-01 in Oklahoma City and its not bad but I've been there and I want to see something else. Anyhow I've got about 10 years in the USAF and I fly on a E-3 sentry radar plane. Its a great job and I get to travel all over europe. The USAF loaned me out to NATO for 5 years so that means my pay went up and my wife gets to live in Europe for free. lol.. Its a nice deal all around and Im sorry to see it winding down. Anyhow thats more than you wanted to know Im sure but you asked. lol

Take Care

Anyhow as for the spacers Im talking to a guy via ebay who has hard steel ones and Im also talking to a guy who might have some 2 inch longer coils. So we will see what the weight is and what is better for me. I dont mind the time it takes to install either I just want to make sure that I buy the right thing. I hear the steel spacers dont flex down and give out like the poly ones. Anyhow thx for the info guys and if anyone has anything more to say please add on.

Old 06-26-2005, 11:34 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I got 2" lifted Skyjacker coils from Summit Racing. I prefer Skyjacker, but there are other brands that are probably a little cheaper. Or, you could always get some off a 2500 from a salvage yard. They give you about 2.5" lift, and are really cheap. If that is hard to come by in Germany, I bet several Dodge Forum members would go get them from a salvage yard for you and ship them to you if they found a pair (even with shipping, probably still be cheaper then new ones, but not sure). I would do it for you if you wanted.

Here are the ones I got (or you can get the whole kit D201K, and you get the rear add-a-leaf too).

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...=KeywordSearch

Old 06-27-2005, 03:06 AM
zeekxxx
Captain

---bet several Dodge Forum members would go get them from a salvage yard for you and ship them to you if they found a pair (even with shipping, probably still be cheaper then new ones, but not sure). I would do it for you if you wanted.

Thats very kind of you I will keep that in mind. I didnt know summit sold them there. I did a search and I didnt see them. Your link helps alot

thx

Quick Reply: How many of you added the 2 inch spacers in front?