2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Hughes Airgap Intake

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 01:26 PM
bmergner
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hughes Airgap Intake

ordered it today finally. been putting it off it for too long and went ahead and placed my order today. my plan it to do the install this weekend, once i get the tracking number i willstart pulling the truck apart and getting it ready....

Old 03-16-2011, 01:35 PM
ColoradoRamLover
Veteran

I wanna get one of these for my truck.... but since its 600 bucks(and probably more for a other things to go with it) its hard to justify at the moment.

Old 03-16-2011, 01:49 PM
J415
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bmergner
my plan it to do the install this weekend, once i get the tracking number i willstart pulling the truck apart and getting it ready....
I wouldn't do that. Your assuming that Hughes has a great quality control reputation. Hughes actually has a VERY spotty reputation when it comes to sending people incomplete or messed up stuff. Just an fyi.

Old 03-17-2011, 09:56 AM
bmergner
Rookie

J415, i was never assuming anything in my post to be honest with you. i have been in the performance parts wholesale business for 20 plus years and i will never assume that any vendor is perfect. every vendor does something wrong and every vendor will have a defective part right out of the box. heck, UPS could lose the package but a risk i will take. iam lucky enough to take my CBR1000rr or Grand am to work as a back up.... no biggie.. and thanks for the FYI

Old 03-17-2011, 10:28 AM
aim4squirrels
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I wouldn't leave the internals of the engine exposed to the weather. I too would wait.

Old 03-18-2011, 02:24 PM
bmergner
Rookie

well it's here..... the old stuff is off and waiting for the Airgap. going to get started on the install tonight... looks pretty basic.

Old 03-18-2011, 05:03 PM
lastrights
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

its easy, make sure you may need a new coolent bypass hose. and a new fuel line the one is the kit is a PITA to get on. but youll love it !

Old 03-20-2011, 12:12 AM
Wickedwiggles
Veteran

HOW DID YOU GET THE NEW LINE ON?!!!! I am in the middle of my install and can't get that line on for the life of me, tried boiling hot water and using molly lube no luck any secrets?!

Old 03-20-2011, 12:44 AM
drewactual
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

sounds silly, but I bent it in half, and put both ends on at the same time- which was a trick, because the clamps had to ride the nipples until I could get the ends on far enough..

oh- and though most folks would seriously disagree with this next bit, I lubed the inner part of the hose ends with dishwashing soap.. when it cures it adheres..

Last edited by drewactual; 03-20-2011 at 01:18 AM.
Old 03-20-2011, 10:41 AM
Adobedude
All Star
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by drewactual
sounds silly, but I bent it in half, and put both ends on at the same time- which was a trick, because the clamps had to ride the nipples until I could get the ends on far enough..

oh- and though most folks would seriously disagree with this next bit, I lubed the inner part of the hose ends with dishwashing soap.. when it cures it adheres..
Guy whom mounted my slicks used dish soap for the same reason...No screws in the rims and the rims don't spin in the tires even at 13 psi.

Quick Reply: Hughes Airgap Intake