2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

P1757 & Intermitten P1762

Old 03-31-2011, 09:19 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

It would still shift normally, the TC just wouldn't lock up and it would have no OD.

Old 03-31-2011, 09:34 PM
tweeker909
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Unplug the 8 pin connector on the drivers side of the trans. Take the truck for a ride. You will have ZERO automatic functions, you will HAVE to shift manually. Run the truck up and down thru the gears a time or three. Everything work as advertised? Replace the pressure transducer. Just because it tests good in one circumstance, does not imply that it is good under ALL circumstances. They are notorious for failure.

If they were replaced when the trans was redone, that also is no guarantee of good parts. if the rebuilder used reman parts, you may have gotten bad ones right there. That, and the remans don't last long either...
What is that going to do other then remove the short he is trying to find within the harness some were down the line doesnt mean its the sensor/solenoid.

Check the ground going to the governor pressure sensor and the 5-volt reference and voltage for the signal wire as you drive the truck.
If that checks out do the same with the 02 sensor as you drive.
If the voltage raises note when and at what speed it raises at.

Old 03-31-2011, 09:36 PM
army_greywolf
Professional

alright firstly, read my first post in its entirety. I did adjust the TV, the gov sol is NEW, the transducer is not, the trans is from a SAME YEAR truck as I do know it's a big deal if its from a 99 or 98... 00 and 01 are interchangeable though. the trans shifts all ranges mechanically. O/D lockup works, the pcm is BRAND NEW, the reference voltage bus is 5V on all circuits tested, the o2 sensors are not at fault and that in a nutshell is where I am at. Oh and so that it isn't missed three times in a row, I adjusted the TV, replaced the TPS and GPS...and this is where I stand with these codes still coming up.

and yes I will need to check the ground, at first light I'll do that. if anyone can get me the pinouts to the pcm I'll bypass the harness entirely, I KNOW there is a short at this point.

Interesting factoid, my evap purge didnt work at all previous to the pcm change and I got a circuit fault code for it, but now it works, I had originally believed it was a wiring problem, I guess not.

Last edited by army_greywolf; 03-31-2011 at 09:41 PM.
Old 03-31-2011, 09:45 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,168 Likes on 2,922 Posts

Grab the 01 service manual from the faq section here, it will have all the pinouts.

Old 03-31-2011, 09:45 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP

I'd replace the transducer then. Other than checking the ckt as already suggested above, I can offer no more help. Sorry for missing the setting of the TV cable in your original post. Good luck

Old 03-31-2011, 09:51 PM
army_greywolf
Professional

I have the service manual and as soon as I typed that I realized what I was saying...

Anyway, I'm going to bypass the harness and run the wires that do go to the pcm without being junctioned off/spliced right to the pcm. I'll also look at the gov sol psi tomorrow since I can get access to a drb.

Old 04-04-2011, 10:48 PM
army_greywolf
Professional

Well, a bit of an update.

First, I did NOT bypass the harness. I did replace the transducer, returned the brand new gps and replaced it again, double checked the wiring and the harness connector (which are all brand new btw) and now I developed a new problem.

The truck randomly dies, or loses almost all power, sometimes it will start right back up and behave normally, other times key on engine off it will flash the odometer over and over and have no gauge reading, then if left alone it will "fix" itself and work properly.

Not only that but I now have compared two PCMs with the same results so I know it is the truck itself not the PCM and not the trans doing this.

New codes P0443, P0753, P1762, I suspect these all relate to a common ground problem or a common 5v/12v bus problem. Can someone who has access to alldata/mitchell please email me the complete 2000 Dodge Ram 5.9V8 1500 w/Auto wiring schematics? I can find this in a heartbeat if I don't have to scroll through bits and pieces of what should be a legible wiring diagram in the service manual.

Last edited by army_greywolf; 04-04-2011 at 11:00 PM.
Old 04-05-2011, 08:18 PM
army_greywolf
Professional

alright so another update and id appreciate some help with this.

can anyone answer as to what the gov pressure sensor signal should be at idle/cruise/wot in ohms/volts (volts from c2 29 to ground or ohms from c2 29 to c1 4 (the pcm connectors) if anyone can help id appreciate it.

my problem is that the sensor's temp is working, but the gov pressure signal im not sure what value it SHOULD have at what pressures. my oppurtunity to use a drb fell through...oh well, anyone able to help?

Old 04-05-2011, 08:29 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Old 04-05-2011, 09:03 PM
army_greywolf
Professional

well the p0753 was a latent code in my old pcm, and i jumped the gun on that one. It is not present at this time, nor is the evap code. only code present is 1762.

Now I only need one thing answered. What is the STATIC (no pressure, key off) value from C2 pin 29 to ground supposed to be in ohms.

I tested the one on the truck (this is the transducer so you know, you can test it at the connector under the truck, its the wire that is light green/white stripe, test to ground. The truck reports 870 ohms. The old transmission (my original with a bad forward band) the sensor tested at 1890 ohms (1.89K ohms), if someone could PLEASE tell me what their known good sensor value is key off engine off... I would be VERY appreciative. I want to know because I can if the value matches the old trans...quite obviously save some money and replace it with that and another 6 quarts of fluid...out a total of 34 bucks.

(I also realize the sensor values vary and the pcm calibrates them, but if they are supposed to be wildly different...i'd like to know.)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: P1757 & Intermitten P1762