2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

New Truck

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 10:23 PM
i mow grass
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Truck

Well I had been looking for a truck for quite some time, I went and looked at a one a couple days ago and went and picked it up today. I had been looking up some info about them and was lead to here. So I have been browsing around here the past couple days and I figured I would share some pics and see what y'all think about it or have any advice for me.

2001 Ram 1500 - SLT Off-road 5.9l V8 146,707mi
33" Buckshots (it also came with the factory rims)

The body is in really good shape for being 10 yrs old, only a couple scratches and dings. The interior needs some TLC and the West Coast Chopper floor mats have to go (any recommendations?). The dash is cracked as I have come to find out is very common, the CD player does not work but that is no big deal for now. The E-Brake handle is also broken off so I guess I will get one to replace that. Any input/advice/recommendations are welcome I am all about making little improvements.

Here is a list of things I would like to do eventually
- Clean carpet or maybe bedline floor
- CD Player
- Toolbox
- Brush guard
- Upgrade headlights maybe

Like I said above any advice on the above would be greatly appreciated. Here are a few pics

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Old 04-01-2011, 10:26 PM
dodgeram07
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

run as fast and far as you can this forum will make you want to spend money like no other

but thats a damn good looking truck you go there

tool box, craigslist

radio i put a in my truck the cheapest kenwood with the ipod jack it been in there for a few year works great and doesn't look like it belongs on a space ship

ebay saw sum cool one piece head lights

Last edited by dodgeram07; 04-01-2011 at 10:33 PM.
Old 04-01-2011, 10:30 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

With a sliding rear window I always recommend a headache rack. You can pick up a refurbed stereo at http://replacementradios.com/product...products_id=70 for $200.

Welcome to DF!

Old 04-02-2011, 12:10 AM
ColoradoRamLover
Veteran

Well lets hope ya know about the plenum issue! But other than that great truck man! And welcome!!!! Youll love it here haha..

Almost forget.... You may wanna get SCT tuner by Hemifever. Makes our trucks run better.

Old 04-02-2011, 12:33 AM
97tn4x4
Record Breaker

^x2. You've got the offroad edition which came with 4.10s so you're ahead of most of us lol. That is a very nice looking truck. If you ever need help just post it up and there is bound to be somebody who can help. Welcome to DF.

Old 04-02-2011, 01:16 AM
RamSport97
Record Breaker

Very nice looking truck! Those OEM Off Road Edition 17" wheels will sell like hot cakes. Might want to put them up on Craigslist. Take the money you get from them and solve your issues. Nice buy!

Old 04-02-2011, 02:27 AM
J McWillis
Professional

That thing is sharp. My '01 is that color. Nice choice.

Old 04-02-2011, 01:00 PM
i mow grass
Professional

I am almost positive the plenum issue had been taken care of, is there a way to verify that? Thanks for all the comments so far.

Old 04-02-2011, 01:20 PM
ColoradoRamLover
Veteran

Originally Posted by i mow grass
I am almost positive the plenum issue had been taken care of, is there a way to verify that? Thanks for all the comments so far.
Look down through the throttle body(look inside the intake) and see if there is any oil inside. If there is, its broke. You will need a flash lite(a decent bright one) and that should be about it. I think there are some pictures on a thread floating around here that show it.

Old 04-02-2011, 01:37 PM
J McWillis
Professional

Originally Posted by ColoradoRamLover
Look down through the throttle body(look inside the intake) and see if there is any oil inside. If there is, its broke. You will need a flash lite(a decent bright one) and that should be about it. I think there are some pictures on a thread floating around here that show it.
Also, sticking a magnet down into the kegger will determine if the plate is factory steel or aftermarket aluminum. If it's steel, you're better off just replacing it with aluminum so you KNOW it's good.

Quick Reply: New Truck