2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

perfect sub box for 12"

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 06:38 PM
loneriderty
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default perfect sub box for 12"

alright to the guy that wanted a sub box to go under his seat. mines a cheapy but it fits. 16.5w x 13h x 7d inches. i made this myself with some good carpet free wood and duct tape. it kinda hard to put the seat down and up though but i sohuldn't be a problem. if anyone want to know any more about my new boxes let me kno. i also put some pictures to yall.
http://s1204.photobucket.com/albums/...rty/sub%20box/

Old 04-15-2011, 04:01 AM
thexh20
Rookie

i got some sheet metals to make something out of and thought of making those sheet metals into a speaker box?

Old 04-15-2011, 06:47 AM
loneriderty
Rookie

Originally Posted by thexh20
i got some sheet metals to make something out of and thought of making those sheet metals into a speaker box?
good idea but sheet metal may give to much and distort the speakers. i though i'd let everyone see my idea my amp under my center consul with my dvd system.

Old 04-15-2011, 07:13 AM
Novarider
Captain

What's the tape for? My idea would be to replace the front center "seat" with a box. The part that's under the arm rest.

Old 04-15-2011, 01:30 PM
loneriderty
Rookie

dude that would be awesome but you have to buy bucket seat cause our front seats are not 3 pieces when i ran my wires for my amp had a time getting my seat out.

Old 04-15-2011, 01:33 PM
loneriderty
Rookie

that would be sweet dude. except you would need to replace the front seats with new bucket seats. our generation of trucks have one piece front seat not removeable. i found that out when i ran my wiring for the amp.

Old 04-15-2011, 08:44 PM
musclecarguy91
Amateur

Originally Posted by loneriderty
alright to the guy that wanted a sub box to go under his seat. mines a cheapy but it fits. 16.5w x 13h x 7d inches. i made this myself with some good carpet free wood and duct tape. it kinda hard to put the seat down and up though but i sohuldn't be a problem. if anyone want to know any more about my new boxes let me kno. i also put some pictures to yall.
http://s1204.photobucket.com/albums/...rty/sub%20box/
I sort of just winged mine. I had some particle board lying around and the top and bottom is 17 and the sides are angled. If I remember correctly it went from 8 to somewhere between 4 and 6... Unfortunately it doesn't fit underneath my seat. I was hoping it would slid in with the smaller side first. When I was screwing the sub in the drill slipped off the head and put a little hole in the foam of the sub. It still works though. Perhaps I will take your measurements and make another one.

Old 04-15-2011, 09:07 PM
99-red-ram

the center seat unbolts from underneath. 4 bolts directly underneath the center seat. i pulled my seats twice to clean the carpet underneath. the driver and passenger seats are held together by the center seat. remove those 4 bolts and the center seat comes up and there are 2 metal bracket ears that are on the side of each seat. perfect to bolt your box to. it takes a 13mm socket i believe and about 5 minutes

Old 04-16-2011, 12:23 AM
DodgeTheDadRamTheDaughter
Rookie

how much bass does all the extra Georgia Chrome add to the boxes? lol

Old 04-17-2011, 09:51 AM
Novarider
Captain

Originally Posted by musclecarguy91
I sort of just winged mine. I had some particle board lying around and the top and bottom is 17 and the sides are angled. If I remember correctly it went from 8 to somewhere between 4 and 6... Unfortunately it doesn't fit underneath my seat. I was hoping it would slid in with the smaller side first. When I was screwing the sub in the drill slipped off the head and put a little hole in the foam of the sub. It still works though. Perhaps I will take your measurements and make another one.

You can buy a repair kit for the hole in the foam. Or you can do the ghetto fix and just use toilet paper and fingernail polish. Seriously it works. I have seen people use red, orange, pink all kinds of colors. Personally I would match the color to the foam color but hey everyone has their own style!

Quick Reply: perfect sub box for 12"