2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Check Engine Light

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 11:36 PM
kuziwr
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check Engine Light

I dont think my check engine light works. It dosn't flash when i start the truck, and i even unplugged the ASD relay under the hood and tried to start it and the still wouldnt come on. I have no cat either and i still dont get a a CEL

Any thoughts?????

Old 04-22-2011, 12:00 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,276 Likes on 3,023 Posts

Turn the ignition on, CEL should come on for at least a few seconds. (don't start the engine.)

Old 04-22-2011, 12:01 AM
Mad_Scientist
Captain
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

The bulb probably went out... It's been a while since I've replaced one, but if memory serves, all that needs to be done to rectify the situation is to pull the instrument cluster, take it apart, and replace the little bulb in there.

Old 04-22-2011, 01:23 AM
qxredxp

if it isn't coming on when you turn the key to run (don't start) then it is burned or check a fuse. it should only flash during a misfire and the PCM can't kill the injector to prevent fuel from going to the cat from being damaged this should be the only time you that a CEL will flash is when the cat is in danger. since you don't have a cat I am wondering if you put the fake O2 sensors in? if so then that might be the problem because your PCM can't regulate the STFT it might have defered to default coding

Old 04-22-2011, 02:34 PM
kuziwr
Rookie

Well i did replace the upstream o2 sensor and it still didnt change a thing CEL wise. I will check the bulb again and the fuses and see what i can see.

Quick Reply: Check Engine Light