2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Bed floor repair panels - where to buy??

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 04:02 PM
John D in CT
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bed floor repair panels - where to buy??

OK, here's the deal. What I really need are sections of floor to repair rusted-out sections over the rear wheel areas of a '94 B2500 van, but I figured I'd ask here because A) there's a decent chance the van floors and truck beds use the same kind of corrugated steel and B) there are a heck of a lot more people here than in the van section.

So, has anyone here ever found anyone who sell plain old rectangular pieces of sheet metal that have the same corrugated ridges as a stock truck bed or van floor? I thought this would be easy, but I've been all over the internet on many occasions and come up with nothing. All I need is about a 2' x 4' section, but I'd buy more if I had to.

Is it just me, or shouldn't this be a relatively simple thing to be able to buy? I don't really feel like trying to fabricate the ridges into a piece of flat sheet metal.

Thanks in advance.

Old 05-04-2011, 04:12 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,395 Likes on 3,135 Posts

LMC Truck?

Old 05-04-2011, 09:29 PM
John D in CT
Veteran

Hi Brian, how's it going? How are your spark plug heat shields treating you?

No, not even the mighty LMC has them. Believe me, I've looked just about everywhere. I think Bin Laden was easier to find. I thought for sure this would be made by SOMEONE. I can't be the only person who would want this.

Anyone?

Old 05-04-2011, 10:17 PM
Gerehead8
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Brown's of Two Rivers has them, they may even have the actual van sections.

http://cooltruckparts.com/

I have bought from them before. Excellent company and fast shipping.

Old 05-05-2011, 12:23 AM
John D in CT
Veteran

Thanks Gerehead. Couldn't find those panels on their website, but I'll gve them a call tomorrow - maybe they've got some in the back room.

Old 05-05-2011, 07:17 AM
Novarider
Captain

What about going to a junk yard and just cutting the floor out of a totaled van/ truck

Old 05-05-2011, 10:52 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,395 Likes on 3,135 Posts

Have chat with a body shop, see where they get theirs from.

Old 05-05-2011, 11:00 AM
John D in CT
Veteran

Originally Posted by Novarider
What about going to a junk yard and just cutting the floor out of a totaled van/ truck
That sounds easy until you start thinking about what's involved in actually doing it.

A) Finding a junkyard that has the right vehicle
B) (A) + They'll allow you to work in their yard (rare these days)
C) Having access to a gasoline-power demolition saw
D) Drive there, find the vehicle, saw out the piece without hitting the gas tank.

I'd really rather just buy a sheet of new stuff. Calling 3 places right now; Gerehead's, and two who are advertising at the top of the forum page.

Old 05-05-2011, 01:04 PM
John D in CT
Veteran

And it gets even more annoying. Called every place that's been suggested; nothing. One of the places that advertises on this forum, CCG Truck, suggested I call Parker Metal Products in Tarentum, PA, about 30 miles northeast of Pittsburgh; 724-224-2472. Chad there tells me they have 16" x 48" pieces of sheet metal in 14 different corrugation patterns, $19.90 each, none of which will match up with a Dodge van floor. "Do you have any that will match a '94 Dodge truck bed"? "Yes, but vans are different from trucks", he says. "Yes, I can pretty much tell that by looking at them", I say as I'm getting more and more pissed off by this wild goose chase.

When pressed, he says that the pattern of an 88-96 Chevy truck bed would probably come closest to what I need. "Probably have to do some bangin' ", he says. So I'll probably get two of those, and sell them on CL if they don't work out.

If you had told me it would be so difficult to find a section of floor for a '94 Dodge van, I never would have believed it. Am I the only person who ever had a section of floor rot out? Apparently not, since Chad also said that he's had lots of people ask him for Dodge van floor sections, "desperate" to find it. Oh well, go figure. I guess it's officially time to give up on any attempt to make sense of anything that goes on in this world.

Still might try to find a privately-owned junker somewhere and hack out a piece. In the meantime, if someone knows of a place that actually has it for sale, I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks.

Old 05-05-2011, 01:51 PM
Gerehead8
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I sure it has a lot to do with nobody bothering to fix vans. The company will just buy another and new one.

Are you laying carpet of a rubber floor over the section you are replacing. If so, you could just get a piece of sheet steel and put that in there. It won't be perfect but if its a van that no longer has a floor how good can it be? It would at least be use able.

Quick Reply: Bed floor repair panels - where to buy??