2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Hit and Run

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 01:32 PM
drewactual
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by crazzywolfie
you should report it to your insurance company that you where hit even though it was not your fault and you plan on paying out of your own pocket to fix it. its not like your insurance will go up. it was not your fault.
this is the great USofA, where I know someone was DROPPED from their insurance because they called a tow truck.. these jerks down here- where insurance is involved- will jack your rates at will, and if you make a claim they will drop you.. it's crap.. it happens A LOT though.

Old 05-10-2011, 01:44 PM
Adobedude
All Star
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by crazzywolfie
you should report it to your insurance company that you where hit even though it was not your fault and you plan on paying out of your own pocket to fix it. its not like your insurance will go up. it was not your fault.
Sure...Maybe I should also tell them I was drag racing (legally)...Let them determine how that fit's in with my Life Insurance....They would cancel it in a ****ing heart beat. And the fact that my witness is an insurance agent for the same company?

**** that. I'll fix the truck.

I posted the info a couple local street racing forums...I'll find the kid sooner or later.

Old 05-10-2011, 02:00 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by drewactual
this is the great USofA, where I know someone was DROPPED from their insurance because they called a tow truck.. these jerks down here- where insurance is involved- will jack your rates at will, and if you make a claim they will drop you.. it's crap.. it happens A LOT though.

Sad but true. A guy I play golf with had his house hit by a car about a year ago. Drag racing, smallish import car. Happened at 3 in the morning, never got a good look at it by the time they got out of bed.
Car did some pretty decent damage right at the corner of the house, living room. Never came completely thru, but knocked bricks everywhere, took out the pole where electricity and cable came into the house at that corner. About $8k in damage.

Guy is about 10 years older than me, mid-50s, NEVER put a home owner's nor car claim thru IN HIS LIFE. Insurance agent told him "Let's talk straight here, you are more than entitled to file a claim and we will pay for all repairs above your $1000 deductible and then we will promptly drop your coverage. I highly doubt you'll be able to easily find coverage afterwards between the fact you live 2 miles off the ocean in a hurricane prone area AND you'll have a recent record of being dropped. So, I am not telling you what to do, but I know what I'd do"...

If that ain' t some sh*t!!!!! Basically being told you have to have insurance, but if you put in a claim which is what you have insurance for, you'll be dropped and be without insurance!!! I thought this strong arm sh*t went out with the 50's???

So, the guy basically had to take it up the a$$, pay for all the repairs himself and then, at the end of the month, happily mail his insurance payment in.

Insurance and oil companies are so deep in politicians pockets they can get away with anything...

Last edited by HammerZ71; 05-10-2011 at 02:02 PM.
Old 05-10-2011, 02:06 PM
LegendKiller89
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[quote=HammerZ71;2500763]
Guy is about 10 years older than me, mid-50s, NEVER put a home owner's nor car claim thru IN HIS LIFE. Insurance agent told him "Let's talk straight here, you are more than entitled to file a claim and we will pay for all repairs above your $1000 deductible and then we will promptly drop your coverage. I highly doubt you'll be able to easily find coverage afterwards between the fact you live 2 miles off the ocean in a hurricane prone area AND you'll have a recent record of being dropped. So, I am not telling you what to do, but I know what I'd do"...
quote]
That's bulls**t! I would have that agent come to my house before a hurricane was to hit. I would stick a pole up his ****, attached it to the side of my house near the roof and tell him good luck ''getting dropped!''

Old 05-10-2011, 02:08 PM
Adobedude
All Star

Gotta have Insuranace, it's the law...Just don't file a claim.

Old 05-10-2011, 02:20 PM
LegendKiller89
Captain

Have you tried craigslist? Maybe some luck there. Junkyards, or pick and pulls?? If you want new. Look up for a certifit location near you... pretty reasonable with stuff. Other then that... I don't really know what to tell you.

I would stay away from the beefier bumpers if you tow... they are cool, but if it is done wrong can lead to more expensive repairs. LMC I would stay away from... they were pretty pricey when i re-did my truck last summer. But guy's got to do what a guy's got to do.

Sorry man.

Old 05-10-2011, 06:02 PM
Adobedude
All Star

Originally Posted by LegendKiller89
Have you tried craigslist? Maybe some luck there. Junkyards, or pick and pulls?? If you want new. Look up for a certifit location near you... pretty reasonable with stuff. Other then that... I don't really know what to tell you.

I would stay away from the beefier bumpers if you tow... they are cool, but if it is done wrong can lead to more expensive repairs. LMC I would stay away from... they were pretty pricey when i re-did my truck last summer. But guy's got to do what a guy's got to do.

Sorry man.
Yeah, found a couple sport bumpers, and passenger door, just need to paint them...I don't want to buy aftermarket ****, I love my Gen II Ram. **** it's a 98 2500 with less than 90K on it. Dana 60 rear end, rebuilt tranny, new converter...Billstien Shocks all around, new ball joints, new Michelins...It's better than new.

Old 05-10-2011, 11:38 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

I am going to play devil's advocate here.

I've been involved in no less than four different accidents in three different vehicles under my policy. Two with my Ram, one minor (my fault) and one medium (no fault, weather); one in the wife's Jeep (no fault, weather, but totaled it); and one in my old Dakota (medium, my fault). Throw in a speeding ticket (that just came off the insurance as it was a bit over three years ago now). My insurance has been high at times, but never has the "dropped" word even been mentioned to me, let alone threatened, by my insurance company.

Old 05-11-2011, 12:02 AM
95Erokram
Veteran

Ive had a couple of speeding tickets.. i learned my lesson, and two accidents. One.. a pole and the other I barely bumped a minivan but got screwed when it was there fault. Both werent really my fault. snowy weather in Ak you know but really didnt seem that bad. I destroyed my passenger side but couldnt tell if ya looked all day after i payed and fixed myself. I payed out of pocket but filed a claim. unfortunately theres many insurance companies and people dont realize that all the factors include, which one you have, how much they would have to invest in you with multiple policies, and if its worth them being able to make money off of you. Id skip the claim as i did on the second of mine, and simply do just what your doing. I am sorry as I feel your pain. Id be out for blood as my rams my baby lol. I wish I could help you here in a cheap way. Lots of them just sitting here used for parts and what not. Literally. Almost too many 94-2001 chevy's, dodges, and fords pickups all 1500 size models rollong around here. But i am in alaska and shipping isint worth the thought. Best of luck!

Old 05-11-2011, 02:45 AM
working4ev
Professional

http://www.car-part.com/

I love this site any part you need.

Insurance companies are paying for the politicians, If you think different why is having Auto and Home insurance the law?? Some one got a fat pay check with this idea.

The rich get richer, off the back of the working man, GOD bless the USA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUWnl7UADYU

Flame on

Last edited by working4ev; 05-11-2011 at 03:03 AM.