2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

output on stock stereo???

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2005 | 09:06 PM
Dodge4x4810
|
Veteran
Default output on stock stereo???

In the stock stereo, is there extra outputs for a subwoofer???

Thanks

Old 07-06-2005 | 10:16 PM
Tani1500
Champion
Default RE: output on stock stereo???

umm, we need more information, year, radio type.....

Old 07-06-2005 | 11:51 PM
Dodge4x4810
|
Veteran

its a '99 and it is a casette (going to put external cd in), it has one **** for each, the bass and the treble. If it doesn't have a spot for a sub, would it be okay if i splice the speakers that go the doors and connect the subs to that. I am not looking for a big, deep bass sound (i do not listen to rap, only rock), just want better sound.

Old 07-07-2005 | 02:10 AM
hometheaterman
Champion

No I have never seen any stock radio with pre outs. You can splice into the speakers wires and connect them to a line level converter or some amps have them built in and it converts them to RCA's and it will work fairly well. Thats how my setup currently is as I wanted a little more bass as the stock bass sucked. Other than that it sounds pretty good although doesn't go all that loud as I can turn it all the way up and on soft songs not really hear it with the windows down over the exhaust and tires. My amp has a built in speaker inputs but I use a converter anyway as it was in the truck when I bought it and it was wired for a amp already. In other cars I have installed them in I have used pre outs but these radios don't have them. Best bet may be to replace it all if your going for SQ.

Quick Reply: output on stock stereo???