2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

I think my cats fried

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 09:38 AM
tcowell
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I think my cats fried

My catalitic converter sounds like it is full of rocks. I had my check engine light flash for a minuite the other day and it whent away. The only way I would how to check the cat is with a sawazal. I'm 99% percent sure that's what it is. Is there a better way to check. And if. Decide to straight pipe it will my check engine light always be on. My OCD won't let me drive with any warning lights, rattles, squeeks, bangs, or whines so check engine= don't drive

Old 05-23-2011, 09:41 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,275 Likes on 3,022 Posts

Thump on the cat with a rubber mallet. if you here the box of rocks thing, yep. It's toast. Gut it.

For the CEL, it may or may not come on. If it wants to come on regularly, you can just grab a couple spark plug non-foulers, and modify them to keep the post-cat sensor from being annoyed. There should be a DIY in the FAQ section on that.

Quick Reply: I think my cats fried