2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Power seat issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 12:18 PM
i mow grass
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power seat issue

Recently my power seats have been acting up, I can move the seat forward/back. When I try to adjust it vertically though I can hear the solenoid click and see the screw try to turn. Also the two switches to the right and left of the 4-way switch don't work at all. It seems like they are not getting enough power or that both of the vertical motors are going bad. Has anyone else had this issue? I plan attacking it with my Ohm/vMeter today after I get off work.

Old 06-20-2011, 02:06 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,396 Likes on 3,136 Posts

Sounds like the switch is going, more than anything else. the motors are just 12v dc motors..... there might be some binding in some of the linkages as well.... I haven't had to check to closely into this yet, but, before the summer is out, I need to.... When it was really cold out, they were starting to make some distressing noises.

Old 06-20-2011, 02:23 PM
talthyren
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a similar issue, pulled the seat and just hit the rails with a good coat of WD-40, fixed it for me.

Old 06-21-2011, 01:39 PM
Jimythefan
All Star
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Hmm.....my drivers seat just started doing the same thing. The rear of the seat no longer lifts. I hear it click and see the rod try to turn but that's it. I'll pull it this weekend and try the lube trick.

Quick Reply: Power seat issue